Breaking: Fuji is developing ultimate APSC video camera

wolf33d

Wow, when I was in Vietnam they paid me to live there in the US Navy doing things that well were, well my job , easy way to put it, well no, not easy.. :expressionless: Was not a good time for anyone sad to say. 1966.

But $300.00 does sound like a lot to me also. Interesting, I would think it would be a lot cheaper now.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Wow, when I was in Vietnam they paid me to live there in the US Navy. :expressionless: Was not a good time for anyone sad to say. 1966.

But $300.00 does sound like a lot to me also. Interesting, I would think it would be a lot cheaper now.

Most expats pay at least $250 for a serviced apartment (a studio), but you can find less expensive expensive housing in Vietnamese neighborhoods. Not very pleasant though, and they aren't furnished and no AC! :( 

5 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Agreed! Same with GH5 => GH4 => GH5 pricing! 

Yeah that is why I have not even considered it. IS it worth that much, well I guess maybe, but not in that form factor to me. I can't justify it as a hobby, and I hate the form factor. So easy decision for me. For some, well not so easy, but I see a pattern that is not good, company's see declining sales and for the few left that will upgrade they are going to make as much money as they can off of them.

Sink or swim, but actually it is swim or sink. I can see there point but hell I can't afford the bodies or lenses anymore, or can I justify them without making money doing it. So new stuff is out of my price range I guess forever now. Not that that is a bad thing in reality for me. I don't Need to do it.

18 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Agreed! Same with GH3 => GH4 => GH5 pricing! 

I really think the Fuji is good value for the money, considering it is the best built mirrorless camera (aside from Leica) and made in Japan. Panasonic's factories are in China, where wages are much lower. And Olympus charges more ($2,000.00) for their m43 camera, manufactured in Vietnam, which has even lower wages than in China. So I don't think anyone can accuse Fuji of price gouging. 

10 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Most expats pay at least $250 for a serviced apartment (a studio), but you can find less expensive expensive housing in Vietnamese neighborhoods. Not very pleasant though, and they aren't furnished and no AC! :( 

Heh, No AC, well Adios!! I can see that reason there! Times have changed all over the world. I have been nearly all over the world, but I think of all the places I have been I would have liked to live in Naples, Italy. But that was 50 years ago since I have been there. I bet now I would probably pass! :frown:

6 hours ago, Django said:

^ Lol.. Naples is the worst city in Italy.. good pizza though..

http://uk.businessinsider.com/why-no-one-wants-to-travel-to-naples-2015-7?r=US&IR=T

Yeah I remember that you could almost walk on the water in the harbor when I was there from sewage and garbage. It was always sort of brown, not good LoL. :grimace:  But I found it was sort of a working class city with a lot of nice people in it, more so than I ever found in Rome. Reminded me of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania years ago. But way cleaner believe it or not. Steal Mills did not help with their smoke stacks.

And hell yes, they had some amazing food in that city. It was neat with Pompey and Isle of Capri there also. I miss it warts and all.

Now Paris, France where you live, now that is a different story altogether. Ahh the French, hmm, as I like to say LoL. Neat city for sure. Too cold there for me, I'll take Naples and the seafood, and pizzas. :glasses:

Oh, and thanks for the link.

• Super Members

A bit of an update about this....

I had a discussion earlier this week with Fuji regarding feedback from my XT2 sports testing with regard to firmware tweaks but also to get something out of them regarding roadmaps for long primes and other bits and pieces like FTP picture transfer and their on site support plans for tournaments etc.

Basically, having the camera be good enough is one thing but its the eco system that'll stand or fall by for what I'm doing with it. And I have to know what I'm getting into with them before I invest anymore in it. I can work around stuff for now while its being used alongside my Nikon stuff but not if its going to be transitioned to as a fully fledged replacement system.

So I was alway talking about the handling of it - physically as well as operationally - and how its a bit too compact for its own good. The AF-ON button is something that our right thumbs live on doing sport and its not great geometrically where it is on the XT2 relative to the shutter button and also its a bit small so its not very forgiving especially when wearing gloves.

Anyway, the point of this is that I was told that there definitely is a pro body coming but expect not to see it until 2018 when it will have some fast (f2 fast) primes to go with it.

The cinema zooms in X mount on their roadmap might be a red herring then or maybe they have a video one as well.....