New Leica M with 1080p out in the wild - and first look at video quality

Andrew Reid

You're right.

We've had some emails back and forth and he kindly uploaded the original files. They're much better.

A follow up article is in the works...

Awesome, I can't wait to see it, I wonder if he'll upload the originals to WeTransfer for us? Would be great to try out some straight from camera...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

Considering this forum is focused on video, my original statement stands.  I think Leica should have just done a great stills cam rather than add video because they changed to a CMOS sensor.  And no, I don't think lightning strikes twice.  Canon is already going downhill, and Leica follows their lead?  I find it very confusing to say the least.  They may tout that they have video, but the times have changed and now every camera shoots video and are much more mature products.  I have no doubts about their lenses, but their cameras are sorely behind.  I wish them well really.  But there's nothing unique here and nothing that says we should fork out $$$$ when other cameras do much better, both stills and video.

You're right.

We've had some emails back and forth and he kindly uploaded the original files. They're much better.

A follow up article is in the works...

Original files have bitrate 30mbps and they have mjpeg codec. That's too low for this codec.
With permission from Thorsten Overgaard I have reuploaded all raw files here  http://fil.io/FL5mh/Leica%20M%20type%20240%20video%20samples and also included 10mbps file from Vimeo

• 4 months later...