Iscorama 54 MC for sale oooooooo yeah I've got one that's sexy as hell with your name on it

Hunterj11

I've just bought a mint condition iscorama 54 and therefore I'm thinking of selling my old Iscorama 54 MC lens since I likely don't need 2.  The lens I'm considering selling is in excellent condition.  It's a real beauty but somehow I was lucky enough to find a sparkling mint condition 54.  I got lucky.  You know this lens...it's hard as hell to find and it's even harder to find in top form.  

I haven't put up an eBay auction yet.  I'm probably going to list the opening bid at $6000.00 (comes with redstan Clamp and form fitted follow focus gear).   Yes, that's a lot of money.  Yes, that's what I paid for it last year.  Yes, it's totally worth it.  It's a god damn gem of anamorphic perfection.  All the other dual focus projector lenses are little kiddie toys in comparison.  If you have a pre-36 and a 54 you simply don't need anything else (well, you need a baby Hypergonar and hardcore dna variable diopter as well but let's not muddy the waters).  

Who's interested?  If you make me a legit serious offer I might be pursuaded to sell direct instead of on an eBay auction.  Throwing it out to you guys first since this is where the real loonies like myself hang   

Let me know.  I'll try to post pics soon but I'm not bullshitting you   It's a great specimen and if you've been looking for years...you've found it finally 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sorry for the confusing post.  I'm just selling 1 iscorama 54 and it comes with a rear redstan Clamp & follow focus gear. It's in excellent condition.  Going to list the bundle for 6k on eBay this week.  If someone is dying to pick one up before it goes out on the public market let me know.  

There's no confusion here. You bought a 54 thinking you can make a massive money on it so you had to post it everywhere. You do this all the time man, kept double posting everything you had now you do triples. Nice going, but please skip the "I am an anamorphic loonie like you" pick up line, it sounds slimy.

I posted twice by mistake I guess....my bad.  Just meant to put it on both the gear for sale forum and anamorphic forum so it would be seen by people who only check one of them and must have somehow posted it twice in row on one of the forums.  I see that this "three times" thing is really disturbing you and I appologize.  Just a mistake on my part and not part of any sinister scheme as implied.

Not that it matters but I've never actually sold any gear in recent memory for any profit whatsoever...I usually list it for the same price I paid originally or less just to sell it faster.  I usually end up buying too much stuff and need to free up cash or find a better version so I sell my original lens to not have redundancy.  

I just recently got into this anamorphic adapter thing as my little side project/hobby and am not trying to reap huge profits off of selling a lens here and there every few weeks or so.  If I was trying to do that I'd imagine there are more efficient ways to do so.  I have a camera rental and grip/electric company here in LA and make most of my money through that side of things and certainly don't need to flip these little adapters to pay the bills.  Honestly I've just been buying some of these old lenses and toying with them after work and it's now become one of my hobbies.  Thought it would be nice to let people in this forum know I'm selling an Isco54 as it's super hard to find and if they want to buy it before I put it on eBay they can contact me.  

Definitely sorry to be obnoxious in my posts.  I guess that my wording was sounding a little annoying and bragadocious...didn't intend to sound like a dick but I'm sure that's what I did.  Anyone who's ever bought something from me will surely attest that it's fairly priced and of top quality.  I don't need to make a profit off of this stuff because there's not enough of a profit to be made to justify spending my time on it.  I don't expect you to believe that since $1000 appears to you as "massive money".  Ooops, there I go sounding like a dick again. ;)

6 grand IS a massive money for a lens that usually goes for half of that. There is a tendency though, some sellers keep listing it for 8k and now here you are at 6, doubt that is what you bought it for, anyway who am I to speculate on your dealings, so good luck with the sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Still on Ebay listed at 5k for the opening bid.  I know it may sound like bullshit but once you add the redstan rear clamp, follow focus and shipping this big hunk of glass is gonna end up losing money for me at anything below 6k.  Im sure I overpaid originally but I had to get my greedy little paws on it before anyone else swiped it before me.  I wouldn't disagree that if you win mine for 5k on auction you might be overpaying in the grand scheme of things but you are making out better than my impulse buying dumb ass that's for sure.  I would have set the "buy it now" option for 6k instead of 6500 but Ebay wouldn't allow anything less than 6500 for some weird reason.  I guess their policy is that the buy it now price has to be a minimum percentage above the opening bid....first I've heard of this but possibly it's only rule on pricey items perhaps?  anyway that's enough of me apologizing for trying to break even on this fat anamorphic bastardo.  It's got around 5-ish days left so if you are in the market check it out.

• 2 months later...