Gx85 video help please. Camera problem?

Wrxpat

I just bought the gx85 and been testing out its video capabilities.

I'm not too familiar with video, but I noticed for the first time while filming a kind of zebra like pattern that interrupts the whole image for a split second, repeating itself...

What is this? Is it the camera telling me something is wrong with the video? Or is the camera defective?

Here is part of the clip in question

I used S mode in movie mode, with shutter speed 1/60 for 30fps.

PL 15mm lens, sandisk extreme 64gb U3 sd card.

In camera i see that problem, on computer as well (same player handled other clips from the gx85 no problems).

The clip I filmed right after, with identical settings, literally 5 mins later, has no problem.

The dozen clips i filmed since have no problems.  

Thoughts?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Wrxpat said:

I just bought the gx85 and been testing out its video capabilities.

I'm not too familiar with video, but I noticed for the first time while filming a kind of zebra like pattern that interrupts the whole image for a split second, repeating itself...

What is this? Is it the camera telling me something is wrong with the video? Or is the camera defective?

Here is part of the clip in question

I used S mode in movie mode, with shutter speed 1/60 for 30fps.

PL 15mm lens, sandisk extreme 64gb U3 sd card.

In camera i see that problem, on computer as well (same player handled other clips from the gx85 no problems).

The clip I filmed right after, with identical settings, literally 5 mins later, has no problem.

The dozen clips i filmed since have no problems.  

Thoughts?

I couldn't see the Zebra patterns in your video, but it will start getting progressively more apparent, in both video and photos. 

But I had the exact same problem (the Zebra patterns), and it is a sensor issue (either bad sensor or the sensor has been attached incorrectly by some fool). I posted screen shots and details in another threat. And in my case the Panasonic nightmare hasn't gotten over yet. 

Send the camera back to the service centre, and pray to God that Panasonic doesn't have Terrible After Sales in your country too. They have to replace the sensor. Anything less will be pure eyewash.