New Sigma art glass!

johnnyd

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
18 minutes ago, jase said:

Yes, but it is huge and heavy...

If I were to applaud Sigma for any of the new lenses in their announcement, it would have to be the 14mm as well, as it is unique, and again shows that Sigma is leading the way, and at prices that shame the competition. I was thinking it would be unusable for me as well, but for a different reason - it has no filter thread as far as I can tell. And yes, these full frame lenses are all huge as hell on a m43 camera. Fine if you're on a movie set, not so great for the rest of us. Which is why I've been evangelizing about native lenses recently.

12 hours ago, jonpais said:

Looks like Sigma's got some strong competition in the way of a tiny, obscure company on an island somewhere. Their cine line anyhow.

Those Fujinon zooms sound nice! Although it's kind of weird that they are only for e-mount. Is there some specific reason for this? I think there are a lot of people with ef mount cameras who are potential buyers for these lenses.

17 hours ago, johnnyd said:

Those Fujinon zooms sound nice! Although it's kind of weird that they are only for e-mount. Is there some specific reason for this? I think there are a lot of people with ef mount cameras who are potential buyers for these lenses.

I think the reason they are (relatively) light and compact is because they take full advantage of the short flange distance on e-mount. Every DSLR compatible wide angle has a retrofocal design that has additional elements to compensate for the distance between the lens and the sensor. Longer focal lengths are less affected by this problem.

19 minutes ago, BasiliskFilm said:

I think the reason they are (relatively) light and compact is because they take full advantage of the short flange distance on e-mount. Every DSLR compatible wide angle has a retrofocal design that has additional elements to compensate for the distance between the lens and the sensor. Longer focal lengths are less affected by this problem.

And they use plastic instead of metal for much of the lens.

1 hour ago, photographer-at-large said:

I didn't realize Art 24-70mm has stabilization?

yeah! isnt that like... a big deal...? CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG PLEASE ❤️ : i havent done a lot of shopping yet but is there a lens like that, similar focal length, zoom with constant aperture, and IS, from another manufacturer? last time i looked i feel like i couldnt find one...?