oh my gosh!, C100 ghosting?

hijodeibn

5 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Welp. everyone's gotta start somewhere.  As they say, "There's no such thing as a dumb question..."  Just because a question might betray someone's comprehension of things doesn't make the question in of itself ridiculous.  After all, learning about this stuff now will lead to a better skill set down the line.

Here's some 101 level info I found quickly using the world wide web information super highway search engine provided by google.com:  http://www.red.com/learn/red-101/camera-panning-speed

Probably I was overreacting and I am aware of the blur like many others, Red One camera has to be panned very slowly for its blur, anyway I will wait for @kidzrevil comments since he is the expert in this area to me…..

1 minute ago, hyalinejim said:

@hijodeibn If you wanna check if the C100 has Xc10 style ghosting you need to crank up the ISO to check whether it's there or not.

If it does, then you can start worrying about whether it's visible at base ISO or not.

There's nothing would worry me in the samples you've posted and I'm a ghosting afficionado!

You are right, I forgot about the ISO, thanks for the advice man!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

There is no ghosting, I feel happy now, raised the ISO and the blur was almost the same, the last picture that worried me was just an optic effect due to the color of the flowerpot base……clearly I overreacted, well I guess we all have a bad day sometimes….. :)

Dammed XC10 !!!!!!, I am seeing ghosting now everywhere !!!! :)

36 minutes ago, hyalinejim said:

@hijodeibn If you wanna check if the C100 has Xc10 style ghosting you need to crank up the ISO to check whether it's there or not.

If it does, then you can start worrying about whether it's visible at base ISO or not.

There's nothing would worry me in the samples you've posted and I'm a ghosting afficionado!

Thanks man, I totally forgot to raise the ISO to confirm, good catch!!!!

36 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

Red One camera has to be panned very slowly for its blur

No, that's not accurate.  It has nothing to do with the brand of camera.  This is just fundamental camera operation.  Shutter speeds and frame rates affect motion blur.  Those things are constant across every motion picture camera made in the last 100+ years.

It's okay if you don't fully grasps these concepts yet.  But, definitely make it a point to understand them if you want to develop your craft.

3 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

No, that's not accurate.  It has nothing to do with the brand of camera.  This is just fundamental camera operation.  Shutter speeds and frame rates affect motion blur.  Those things are constant across every motion picture camera made in the last 100+ years.

It's okay if you don't fully grasps these concepts yet.  But, definitely make it a point to understand them if you want to develop your craft.

Drop it man, I just used it as an example since you added a link to Red, what you are pointing out is general knowledge…..I really don`t need your advice….have a nice day!!!

1 hour ago, hijodeibn said:

I just used it as an example since you added a link to Red

Trying to help friend-o.  You claimed Red cameras need a slow pan.  It's a fact you said that.  It's also false.  It's not brand specific.  I was just clarifying the issue as you and I are not the only ones potentially reading this stuff.  

And FWIW, the actual advice from the specific person you requested was the same advice as various other posters. And, I'd bet that you do need some more guidance about camera operation, but each of us has to find our own way --and at least you're here trying.  That's something.  We all keep learning.  Good luck.  

1 minute ago, fuzzynormal said:

Trying to help friend-o.  You calimed Red needs a slow pan.  It's a fact you said that.  It's also false.  I was just clarifying the issue as you and I are not the only ones potentially reading this stuff.  

And FWIW, the actual advice from the specific person you requested was the same advice as various other posters. And, I'd bet that you do need some more guidance about camera operation, but each of us has to find our own way --and at least you're here trying.  That's something.  We all keep learning.  Good luck.  

Jesus!!!, you really need to learn to be in silence man, I own a Red One camera and master the speed of panning with it takes some time, specially if you are shooting buildings, again, what you are pointing out is general knowledge, and I am not here to debate what I know or not with you, I am here to learn from more experience people, clearly I don`t see you like one of those people, I was looking for the advice from people very knowledgable in ghosting like @kidzrevil , or like @hyalinejim who catches immediately the tests I forgot raising the ISO, which everyone before his comment also missed!!!! (including you)

Again, have a nice day!!!