Yet another camera advice (Sorry!)

Rodolfo Fernandes

I have a D800 have done some videos with it and feel its a bit too soft so i got myself a G7 to try out 4K video and liked it and colours but wanted something a bit more serious and with slow-motion.

I have read about the Sony's a6300 and a6500 cameras and know about the heating issue, altho i never shoot long videos like for more than 5min or more in a row and i think the a6500 can handle even more without over-heating.
I have seen what the NX1 can do, and its impressive in terms of detail and colours, both the a6500 and NX1 have awesome 4k video and the 120p option (which i really like), i now the NX1 colours are better straight out of the camera but the a6500 has S-log which with work i think can look even better than the NX1 and since its LOG it gives more leverage(?).
I also think the IBIS on the Sony could be a reallly nice thing since i always shoot handheld or with a monopod, and that is a big plus over the NX1.

I could get the a6500 and a lens turbo for about 1550€ and use my NIkon lenses (14mm f2.8, 35mm f1.4, 85mm f1.8, etc.) and have a nice kit which would allow me to do a bit of everything, have an almost full-frame look, 120p, LOG and IBIS.

Or the NX1 for around 900€ used, get an adaptor have a nice kit also but with no IBIS or LOG.

My true question is, since i want to get serious with video and start doing music videos and other related stuff, should i pay more for the IBIS and LOG? Or will i be better off with the NX1 or is the difference in price just not worth it.

PS - Where i live there isn't any chance of renting gear since there aren't any camera stores, so i can't test any of them out

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Where in Europe aren't any camera stores?!

I just noticed that in my little European country the a6500 is actually 1800€, for that money I would go GH5, and for a super bargain I would try to find the cheapest NX1 possible (probably with the 16-50S 2-2.8f lens). There is a speedbooster for that now, look at the NX1 hack sub forum for info.

Middling Panasonics are great too, whatever you buy is good enough for nost things.

I heard about it, didn't know was so remote! I live in the exact opossite of Europe, Greece.

On the NX1 sub forum there is @ricardo_sousa11, I believe he is from Portugal, maybe he can help with local shops and prices, here the a6500 is very expensive, and I have used a6300 as a B or C cam a few times and I ain't a big fun, but for your limited use it can be alright.

NX1+S lens = 650 + 650 = 1300€, if the combo is in a great condition, and if you can lower the price a bit more (or offers more than one battery, extrnal charger, any extras, etc), then I believe it is a super opportunity to have a top combo for almost the lowest price available. 

People are looking for "body only" prices, but an APS-C standard zoom with 2f - 2.8f  of such a quality is a unique advantage through all systems.

Problem is that after that, you are going nowhere, this is the top body NX has to offer, and it lacks IBIS (can overcome and have better stabilization with a Crane gimbal) and the 10bit the GH5 will offer in a few months.

Hey Kisaha and me? ; ) In Portugal or abroad, but Portuguese forever! : )

Rodolfo,

FNAC, Media Markt... (Funchal?)

Worten, etc

EstudioPT idem (Paulo Silva, OK; Pedro Silva *thumbs down*), in 15 dias/days -> PayPal ;-)

a6500 = 2017 *thumbs up*

(NX1 < 2017)

Abraço luso

(I'm sorry but seems odd to me to strictly address myself in a foreign language, to whom speaks my mother language)

Emanuel :-)

28 minutes ago, Rodolfo Fernandes said:

@Emanuel i got Fnac Worten but none of them have the a6500 in stock, and they don't rent gear so i couldn't actually use it before i buy it.

Didn't know EstudioPT will have a look into it, thanks!

Sem stock? Encomendar, pagar, devolver em 15 dias.

Torcer o nariz para o efeito a EstudioPT, embora nada a apontar a Paulo Silva. E coberto se pago via PayPal.

Bazar do Video do Ribeiro Chaves é opção, porventura, mais receptiva a trocas para teste, pois já andam nisto há muito mais tempo. Assim como Media Markt se o fizerem online.