Editing monitor 1080p vs 4k?

zerocool22

A note about scaling in Windows 10 - it was on by default when I first hooked up this LG 4K monitor and I couldn't believe how bad it was.  Everything, including text, was really soft and I thought I had some kind of driver issue.  Turns out Windows scaling just sucks and doesn't even look as good as native 1920x1200 on my ancient Dell 24".  Apparently Mac has a scaling (Mac has always been better with fonts) but if you're a Windows user I would not recommend relying on scaling.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
44 minutes ago, tellure said:

I couldn't believe how bad it was

good to kno~!

44 minutes ago, tellure said:

Apparently Mac has a scaling

wait do u mean the pixel doubling/whatever that apples retina display computers have or a UI scaling for macOS?

if i could get macOS (formerly OSX) to do that on a 4k tv i would be STOKED. there may be a 3d party software solution, i havent even looked i prolly should...

btw the new(ish) apple LG displays suck, imo. if you guys havent seen them in person theyre ugly, and additionally super cheap and plasticy feeling. my friend (who knows nothing about computers) said "They look like the fake stuff in model homes" ?  also, HIGHLY reflective... no bueno

• 2 weeks later...