Goofy question bmpcc as a recorder.

Juxx989

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 2/2/2017 at 0:25 AM, Juxx989 said:

I'm sure I'm not the first to pose this idea.  But under any scenario is it possible to mod hack or convert a bmpcc into a dedicated   pro Rez / raw recorder for another camera?   

That would something?!

Unless you want to frankestien the hell out of it and rewire the bmpcc's encoder and recording circuitery and magically get the cpu to still communicate with the encoder to control it .... NO

Yeah its dumb... I just got one (BMPCC) for $125 and was brain storming...

only thing I came up with was use the hdmi out to some sort of very small high rez screen that could fit in front of the BMPCC at the right focal length in a lens cap and have it record the output... at best with my cam (NX-1) I believe its 4:2:2 out so you would end up recording 422 in raw format... 

Thats like taking an 8 mp picture and photographing it 28 megapixel with a raw camera... and thinking it better or more range.

If this wacky Idea was able to work prorez would be the only reasonable choice... I know there are recorder/monitors that can do it but but they cost more than $125

I was just dreaming of how to marry the usage of my NX-1 with S-Lenses to the codecs on the Pocket... just thinking out loud... sometimes I wish I could delete some of my posts.. lol  

Guy had it on ebay with 12 battries and a charger and all the original packing... I bought it 2 min after I saw the auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222380590185?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#viTabs_0

Said it has a sensor flaw... that its has like 6 dead/ frozen pixels... 

Ive shot on it and blew it up on my 4k monitor and I dont see anything wrong with the video.. maybe it comes and goes... but its great to play with for only $125

On 2/8/2017 at 9:33 PM, Juxx989 said:

Guy had it on ebay with 12 battries and a charger and all the original packing... I bought it 2 min after I saw the auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222380590185?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#viTabs_0

Said it has a sensor flaw... that its has like 6 dead/ frozen pixels... 

Ive shot on it and blew it up on my 4k monitor and I dont see anything wrong with the video.. maybe it comes and goes... but its great to play with for only $125

Man that is a great great deal you got there :)