Have you got an affordable (~ € 700) UHD 40"+ HDR IPS TV / Monitor recommendations?

Cas1

Hi,

I'm saving up for a G85, and with that I'm looking for a 4k screen.

The screen is going to be used as a monitor for my pc. I like to have 40" +.

My priorities are: 1) viewing angle 2) colour accuracy 3) NON flickering when set to low brightness 4) latency 5) HDR ready

My budget hovers about € 700.

Any recommendations?

- Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ok, at the moment I've arrived at the Sony KD-49XD8099 It looks like it ticks all the boxes, accept it's a bit over budget ~900 €. As a bonus a few more inches, and H265 decoding!

Apparently the 43" model has a VA panel; even though on Sony's website both panels are listed to have "Triluminos™ Display". http://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model-display/a20c636 shows what panel each display has. The Samsung KS8000 has a VA panel = instant disqualification.

I'm sticking with plasma until OLED reachs more affordability. I feel not too great about spending $$$ on a latest-and-greatest 65" LCD that actually has worse image quality than my Panasonic Viera from forever ago. I also feel like HDR/10bit needs maybe 1 or 2 years more to maturity, the main reason I postponed spending on a new TV this year.

16 hours ago, Phil A said:

I'm sticking with plasma until OLED reachs more affordability. I feel not too great about spending $$$ on a latest-and-greatest 65" LCD that actually has worse image quality than my Panasonic Viera from forever ago. I also feel like HDR/10bit needs maybe 1 or 2 years more to maturity, the main reason I postponed spending on a new TV this year.

Got a 42" Viera Free yesterday from a woman that bought a new LED panel who was going to throw it away. Plasma is still unmatched in image quality except for high-end OLED. Also closest you'll get to theater look in my opinion. Next panel I buy is going to have to meet Dolby Vision specifications. Don't see the point of buying something half-way there.