• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 Fifty

Fifty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

This is great news for all Nikon shooters. I know I'm personally excited for any D7100 ports if/when they come. Amazing what Nikon Hackers are managing.

#122 terozzz

terozzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

Here is small "raw" video shoot at iso 12500 (Hi 1) https://mega.co.nz/#...Wys07q7doQK5YY8

#123 Christina Ava

Christina Ava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Locationeurope

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

very nice review, and a great camera,nikon glass is excellent so no problem about the lenses, the only thing that kills it for me is this 

• No kelvin manual white balance setting

does this mean that it will change color balance mid shooting when in auto...i wonder

"To the untrained eye, Mrs.Christina Ava appears mostly harmless. Untrained eyes have been wrong before."

her vimeowwww.lulumeli.com facebook

#124 Ebrahim Saadawi

Ebrahim Saadawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

does this mean that it will change color balance mid shooting when in auto...i wonder

-Yes, however it does work really well in auto and makes the adjustments smoothly and when only needed. Never bothered me.
-There are many presets to manually get close enough
-Pretty sure (not 100% though) there was a "preset" mode in the white balance menu that lets you adjust white balance with a gray card/white paper and it locks on to that

• Christina Ava likes this

Account used by:
-Ebrahim Saadawi- A 61 year-old filmmaker bewildered by modern filmmaking. 
-Ebrahim Ebrahim Saadawi- A 19 year-old beginner/noob :)

"Filmmaking really began with technology, not through telling stories, because my 8mm movie camera was the way into whatever I decided to do. -Steven Spielberg"

#125 mojo43

mojo43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

-Pretty sure (not 100% though) there was a "preset" mode in the white balance menu that lets you adjust white balance with a gray card/white paper and it locks on to that

Confirmed, it does have that option.

#126 araucaria

araucaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

very nice review, and a great camera,nikon glass is excellent so no problem about the lenses, the only thing that kills it for me is this 

If you want to change aperture while in liveview you need lenses with an aperture ring.

#127 7 Lakes

7 Lakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Hello members. Sorry, who already saw our post. Here is our second music video. Filmed with Nikon D5300 and D5200.

• terozzz likes this

#128 7 Lakes

7 Lakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

And here is our first documentary, presented at the Sundance Institute Short Film Challenge. Filmed with Nikon D5300, D5200 and Canon 5D Mark II.

#129 Ebrahim Saadawi

Ebrahim Saadawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationEgypt

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

And here is our first documentary, presented at the Sundance Institute Short Film Challenge. Filmed with Nikon D5300, D5200 and Canon 5D Mark II.

This is good stuff! I really like the flat grade too, really suits the mood and people and pleasing for the eye

Account used by:
-Ebrahim Saadawi- A 61 year-old filmmaker bewildered by modern filmmaking. 
-Ebrahim Ebrahim Saadawi- A 19 year-old beginner/noob :)

"Filmmaking really began with technology, not through telling stories, because my 8mm movie camera was the way into whatever I decided to do. -Steven Spielberg"

#130 terozzz

terozzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 AM

Nikon D5200. With 40mbps hack at iso 6400-12500. no noise reduction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users