EOSHD Pro Color for Sony Cameras

tomsemiterrific

7 hours ago, markr041 said:

You are correct. Could we get an explanation why this information was pulled, especially given the above examples with Slog? I am very happy with the settings for ooc video.

This was mentioned some weeks or months ago on this thread but there was a problem with the email address that only came to light recently. You might want to contact privately as this was supposed to be a thread for showing results but keeps getting derailed. Harv has got great results using it, which is why I originally stated that I wanted to give S-Long a try for the first time. Don't know how to tag people on here, so you could try that - something like @Andrew Reid ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 20/03/2017 at 1:18 AM, Edward said:

Wait, how exactly did you achieve this look? By stacking pro color AND another.. lut? 

It's just a LUT at maybe 20% to make it slightly warmer over the EOSHD (Cine4) settings, its a screen grab from a short clip im almost done with, when its finished ill post here

9 hours ago, Kalani said:

Hello everybody,

I just bought the eoshd pro color for sony.
I did a quick test and i found that greens (for example : the grass or leaves) are too yellow.
I tried to tune the color depht but no sucess. What would you recommend ? Higher the green color depth?

I have another question concerning the white balance : generally speaking, do you stick with the 3 custom settings or do you set a custom white balance for each scene?

Thank you for your help.

Did you adjust the white balance matrix? And as for someone who just bought the camera and has had it for a month now, I can tell you not to treat this camera like a canon camera in terms of WB. Try the standard values of 3200k,5600k, etc... While the eoshd pro color wb values are pretty close to standard, other profiles like autumn leaves or custom ones I made use 2600k instead of 3200k for tungsten.  I just bought a 18% grey foldable card/fabric by impact, and I have to say that using a custom white balance would have saved me a headache. I usually do manual white balance and dial it in manually for each scene, but if your not in a hurry and have time, I suggest using a custom white balance. If not, there's no reason why you can't or shouldn't try saving presets; as it can't hurt.  I personally just haven't found use for using presets yet.

1 hour ago, Kalani said:

Hello.

yes i did the wb matrix.
I use sony cameras since a couple of years and I always stuck to AWB.
I mainly use my cameras for personnal trips. So, adjusting WB for each scene is something that i would like to avoid.
Concerning the fact that, for my taste, the greens are too yellow : is there a simple way to tweak it in order to have greens more green?

Strange. My greens are rich and deep but then I don't trust AWB. Get a grey card and see if there is any difference.

8 hours ago, Kalani said:

Thank you.

I think that it doesn't come from the WB. In fact, when I switch to another PP the greens are greener.

So, i'm pretty sure that there is a tweak to apply in the color depth...

Try changing phase to +1 instead

1 hour ago, Ben J. said:

Try changing phase to +1 instead

Or +4 

It depends on the camera model. My A7sii and A7s are different, so I use the A6500 settings (as advised by Andrew) for the A7s and all is well.

Has he said what camera he is using? Don't have time to trawl through 15 pages.

On 3/29/2017 at 2:38 AM, Kalani said:

Thank you.

I think that it doesn't come from the WB. In fact, when I switch to another PP the greens are greener.

So, i'm pretty sure that there is a tweak to apply in the color depth...

What model, are you using?

Anyone got any advice on using this with an fs700?

I do love my a7sii, and the images I am getting with this....but it is just problematic as a primary run n gun camera (no ND filters, audio etc.) anyone done this? either in camera or odyssey 7q? 

Using 'FS5' settings on my A7s  -  filmic and natural but with phase to zero and not the listed gamma Curve (Am I allowed to reveal my choice of gamma curve?). On my A7r2 I'm using the recommended set of settings but not as keen on the results so far as it's all a bit less 'organic' for my taste but maybe I need to experiment a bit more.I have been previously shooting the S-Log on both cameras to an external recorder and even though I can grade it pretty well now in Resolve I just can't help thinking that why not just get it right in camera........

On 4/16/2017 at 8:33 AM, Rodolfo Fernandes said:

Maybe it is, but i like it 

Is this frame also with a LUT at 20% to make it slightly warmer as you had mentioned doing so with another screen grab earlier? Even if fairly slight, it would still be interesting to see the same frame, but exported without any LUT or other possible corrections as well.