Bolex 16/32/1.5x setup, advise...

keessie65

I recently bought for a nice price ($ 600,-) a Bolex 16/32/1.5x lens. I have a Samsung NX1 and I am thinking of a Nikon 50mm 1.8mm pancake lens for a setup (advises from this from this forum).  I wonder how the experiences are with;

- zoom lens with fixed lenght, appr. 35-80mm (as Pentax-A 35-70mm f4 SMC Zoom). Is that recommended, or not?

- Vizelex ND Throttle Lens Mount Adapter, same question, how about the quality of the ND? 

I have the Samsung 16-50PZ and 16-50S lenses at this moment and a Hoya variable ND filter.

any other suggestions?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, keessie65 said:

- zoom lens with fixed lenght, appr. 35-80mm (as Pentax-A 35-70mm f4 SMC Zoom). Is that recommended, or not?

I would recommend this but be aware that many zooms from this era does have a rotating front element which are not usable with anamorphics (It seems to exist 2 different version of the pentax zoom, one with and one without the rotating front filter). Might sound obvious, but just in case you haven't thought of that. (I know I did not :o )
As for the fixed length, I don't mind my anamorphic sliding on the support, but it's a good idea to find a fixed lens one :)

(And I guess you'll vignette from 35 to 40mm, but I'm not sure)