Sci-fi / fantasy music video shot on the GH2!

Ernesto Mantaras

Hi! The band I made this video for finally released it and I'm very happy, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

It was a lot of work and it's not without its flaws, but considering the crew (three people including me apart from the make-up artist) and the time we had it came out quite decent.

Please tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhqTsAmPYYs

By the way, I shot it with the Driftwood Apocalypse Now! 6GOP Nebula patch, and the lenses I used were:

· Rokinon 28mm f2.8

· Minolta MD 50mm f1.7

· Minolta MD 135mm f2.8

If you have any questions just ask!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks, Axel. I did make a storyboard which I synched to the song to get an animatic and build the idea tightly around the song. That way I also knew the timings I needed for each shot and added or removed as was necessary. I then printed that storyboard and wrote annotations on each shot by hand. That was my guide on the whole shoot, and it was a bless. The rest was in my head.

I will upload a three way comparison (storyboard/raw footage/final image) to my Vimeo account in the next few days. I will also upload the the music video in (hopefully) higher quality (I reckon Vimeo's compression holds grain better than YouTube). There'll be a 12Mbps video to download as well.