Question: C100 MII, PAL, cannot find 24p, 25p only?+++ 75 or 100% zebras?

PannySVHS

Hey Eoshd buds,

Tomorrow my filmfriends and I start shoot a short for the next three days. I´m 1st camera assitent. Today I got to get to know the camera.

I coulndt find a 24p option, only 25p, 50i and 50p. Coulndt find neither under Avchd nor Mp4.

Also, was suprised to see that 35mbps is 50p only, 25p is 24mbps.

Where in the world is that 24p or  23.97 option?

DPAF is great fun, also with AF lock. Unfortunately for manual focus the EF lenses are not adequate. But the 28mm 1.8 is nice for AF with its USMotor.

Would your recommand AF with lock rather than the 4inch manual focus pull desaster? Got a good hang of it with the AF lock way.

Maybe @AaronChicago or @Lintelfilm can give some insight on this.

Also, I set Clog to 75% zebras, as my DOP told me to do so. Would that be okay, even if not perfect?

Starting tomorrow, so getting up in 9hours for loading and setup and shooting. So quick response would be great!

Thank you for your replies. I´m going to bed now and maybe some of you had a chance to reply, so I can read it tomorrwo before take off.

Sorry :) Thanks!

cheers, Marty

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's kind of easy and straight forward but it is 4 oclock in the morning, on a hospital, so it is best to download the manual and have it on your phone!

Check this out as well.

https://vimeo.com/118390610

I have the digital manual on me, on every camera I have to use.

For run n gun AF is incredible, but for a movie I wouldn't even dare to use anything auto at all, maybe I am too old school, I do not know. There is a certain discipline when you do shorts or features, AF sounds too easy to be right, and as a 1rst assistant, is your job to focus pull as well!

75% zebras are alright, beter to be safe than sorry anyway.

The codec is incredible robust for its bitrate, but again, C100 is more of a run n gun camera, live events, low/medium budget corporates e.t.c I am sure you will be fine and pleased with the result, but there are other solutions for films.

It seems like you should have done your research beforehand thought! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.11.2016 at 3:05 AM, Kisaha said:

It's kind of easy and straight forward but it is 4 oclock in the morning, on a hospital, so it is best to download the manual and have it on your phone!

Check this out as well.

https://vimeo.com/118390610

It seems like you should have done your research beforehand thought! 

Hey guys,

thanks for replying. Thanks for the link. Well, research has been done with your support. Shooting turned out to be pretty fun. CLOG is a joy to grade.

It´s a student film with a student camera package, so had to deal with native Canon lens focus throw. But workable, TV logic didnt connect right, so

the camera screen had to do it. DOP did all the manual focussing, AF one time for a situation where contiunous focus was necessary.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

cheers