1dx II owners - have you upgraded to 1.1.2 firmware yet?

Shield3

I think there's a big issue - I am no stranger to firmware upgrades.  Fully charged OEM battery, cleared all camera settings (ALL not just custom).  Upgraded with the latest Canon Utility (3.5).  Upgrade went perfectly.  Shut the camera off, pulled the battery for around 5 seconds.  Camera came back up, but now in movie mode with any Canon lens (used the 24-105 and 35L) it is in "mirror lockup mode".  I shot a ton of video tonight so I have no idea what's going on here.  Cleared every setting and reset, and tried updating the firmware again, this time directly from the card.  Still no dice.

Anyone ever seen this happen?  Solid black screen in movie mode?  The mirror is locked up for sure.  Live view in stills mode is fine.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I didn't do yet the update to 1.1.2 on mine.. but did you check the settings of the lcd / hdmi out... that is not set to external only, not sure it has an influence but worth a check. I believe that if you don't have any HDMI screen connected is reverting to the lcd but it could be something has changed there.

I called Canon and they are sending me a pre-paid UPS rush delivery label.  Definitely something went wrong during the upgrade.  From what I can gather:

I pulled down the latest Canon EOS Utility to do the upgrade (3.5).

Made sure the battery was at or near full charge (OEM LPE19).

Pulled the firmware down from the Canon USA website.  Did the initial upgrade through the USB3 and EOS Utility.  Powered the camera off and pulled the battery.  When it came back up, there is no live view feed in movie mode.  Live view works fine in stills mode, and from a stills perspective shooting with the EVF and live view everything is normal.

I do notice when I pull off the lens and toggle over to video mode (and hit the start/stop button after the "be sure a lens is attached) that I do not see the sensor directly.  The mirror is correctly up and out of the way, but now it's like it's in a mirror lock up mode.  IE I see the exact same thing when I use the EVF in stills mode and manually set the mirror lockup feature.

I did try upgrading the firmware again (2x more times) and nothing has changed.  No card, different lenses, different OEM batteries, all the same.  Even did the firmware directly from a CFAST card.

No idea what happened but everything has been perfect with 1.02.  Shrug.