Sony NEX/A3000 firmware hacking

GypstsFire

Hello,

I picked up a broken (bad power switch) Sony A3000 for cheap and have decided to modify it.

The 20mp sensor is good for a consumer camera, but the lcd & evf are horrible low-res. I noticed how the A3000 and A5000 look very similar internally. The board of the A3000 is setup for an HDMI port, but one was not added, while the A5000 has one. The idea is to add and HDMI port and hopefully mic jack. I plan to use an external lcd, 3d print a new body and lcd housing based on this: http://www.eoshd.com/2012/07/mystery-camera-revealed-sony-nex-5n-in-cine-housing-with-cooling-mod/  and end up with a decent camera for video. 

Soldering and building this is no problem, since I own a 3d printer and do circuit-board/electrical repair for a living.  

The trouble is the firmware, does anyone have info on how to access and modify the firmware for hdmi output and other useful features for video? 

• 7 years later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs