Dont forget Olympus (em1ii)

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Olympus says the stabilization for the EM1 ii combined with the new 12-100 is gonna be good for 6.5 stops! I wanna see what this looks like.

4 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

Honestly, I am more interested in getting the best shots in my situation than I am with getting the highest IQ.

There's always a piece of gear that will do something slightly better --so I don't fret about that a whole lot. I'll use what gets me to my "happy medium." For me right now, that's 5-axis in body stabilization. 

I'm currently a documentarian. So my needs might not be your needs.

For a documentarian, I think the EM1ii plus the new 12-100 could be an awesome combo. If the stabilization of the lens combined with what's in the camera is as good as they say, that's just incredible.

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

For a documentarian, I think the EM1ii plus the new 12-100 could be an awesome combo.

Agreed.  I like what Oly offers now, so it's only getting better.  I'm certainly glad that they seem to be taking a big leap rather than baby steps.  We'll see what it actually looks like for reals, but I'm encouraged.

I love this rapid, awesome, IQ technological development in gear.

My take away is this:  Everyone is going to have cheap great cameras.  The question is, what are you going to do with that camera standing in a room that's better than Bob, your uncle, standing in the same room with that same camera?  It better be something creative and interesting, 'kuz cheap cameras with amazing IQ are a pretty big equalizer.

5 hours ago, Flynn said:

Olympus says the stabilization for the EM1 ii combined with the new 12-100 is gonna be good for 6.5 stops! I wanna see what this looks like.

For a documentarian, I think the EM1ii plus the new 12-100 could be an awesome combo. If the stabilization of the lens combined with what's in the camera is as good as they say, that's just incredible.

I wouldn't rule out the faster (at wide end) Panny 12-60mm, now announced, anyway. Less expensive, I believe. And handy for a second Panasonic/Oly body.

7 hours ago, sudopera said:

Here is an interview with a guy that tested the preproduction model, he has a lot of praise for IBIS, especially paired with the new stabilized 12-100 zoom.

Wow !!! Looks like everyone brought out the big guns for photokina

20 hours ago, Flynn said:

For a handheld shooter such as myself this is a god send. Definitely could leave the gimbal at home now ??

This looks like an ideal run and gun, exploring camera - something I'm looking at that doesn't cost a bomb and can do very well stabilised video and stills. No word on whether the GH5 will have IBIS?

I like the new Olympus zoom, besides it being f4, but how do the Olympus cameras play with electronic EF lenses? Is autofocus performance decent? How about stabilisation? (Such as Sigma ART 18-35mm?)

1 hour ago, Oliver Daniel said:

This looks like an ideal run and gun, exploring camera - something I'm looking at that doesn't cost a bomb and can do very well stabilised video and stills. No word on whether the GH5 will have IBIS?

I like the new Olympus zoom, besides it being f4, but how do the Olympus cameras play with electronic EF lenses? Is autofocus performance decent? How about stabilisation? (Such as Sigma ART 18-35mm?)

Apparently the GH5 will have IBIS.  And the Panasonic GH5 tester is also claiming 1 stop improvement, matching what Olympus has said.

http://www.43rumors.com/david-peterson-says-the-new-gh5-will-have-full-size-hdmi-and-ibis/#disqus_thread

59 minutes ago, hoodlum said:

Apparently the GH5 will have IBIS.  And the Panasonic GH5 tester is also claiming 1 stop improvement, matching what Olympus has said.

http://www.43rumors.com/david-peterson-says-the-new-gh5-will-have-full-size-hdmi-and-ibis/#disqus_thread

The quote is "one stop better and IS"

I think "one stop better" is referring to ISO. They claim the G7 replacement, combined with one of two current optically stabilized lenses- but they plan on making the dual IS compatible with more of those lenses over time, is good for 5 stops of stabilization. Which is pretty remarkable. I imagine the GH5 will at least be able to equal it. Still, looks like Olympus has the edge unless Panasonic can step it up for the GH5. 5 stops is incredible. 6.5 stops is just unbelievable.