Dont forget Olympus (em1ii)

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 17/10/2016 at 3:16 AM, Ivanhurba said:

@sanveer you know you'll do it. The idea is growing inside you!

Hahaha. I finally like relocated. And will probably take a month long break from my regular routine to pile up a few thousand pics and enough videos to justify the GAS. I am hoping they get a nice Flat/Log profile at some point. The video on this looks pretty impressive too. 

16 hours ago, sanveer said:

Hahaha. I finally like relocated. And will probably take a month long break from my regular routine to pile up a few thousand pics and enough videos to justify the GAS. I am hoping they get a nice Flat/Log profile at some point. The video on this looks pretty impressive too. 

You know they introduced a flat profile on the EM5 Mark II right ? And they have one for the EM1 Mark II as well. 

JB

8 hours ago, John Brawley said:

You know they introduced a flat profile on the EM5 Mark II right ? And they have one for the EM1 Mark II as well. 

JB

TBO I didn't know much about it. I only guessed they have one, cause almost everyone has one (except the Panasonic GX85 and some others, thanks to some idiots in the Panasonic product design team). 

I use the Olympus E-M1 and E-M5 Mk II cameras and the 5-axis optical stabilization is better than the OS with the pro lenses from Nikon and Canon and it is very evident with longer focal length lenses, including the Olympus 300mm f/4 which also has OS. The electronic view finders on these cameras are excellent and so a cost savings in not having to use an external monitor or even resort to a hood over the rear display. ISO 6400 is usable with both these cameras which impressed me when I saw the RAW output on my monitor.

1.5cm at the short end only.

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2016b/nr160920m12100proe.jsp

The closest focusing distance at 12mm wide-angle is 15cm, making it possible to take close-up shots up to 1.5cm away from the end of the lens, and macro shooting capabilities with the maximum shooting magnification of 0.3x (35mm equivalent: 0.6x) open up new possibilities of expression. 
The lens design features superb close-up shooting performance even at other focal lengths, with a closest focusing distance of 45cm, a working distance of 27cm, and a maximum shooting magnification of 0.21x (35mm equivalent: 0.42x) at a 100mm telephoto setting (35mm equivalent: 200mm).

1 hour ago, hoodlum said:

Unfortunately the video quality has not improved from the M5 mkii

That is quite a generalization there. To add 4K with 240mbps and still have no better video than em5ii,  magic or drunk engineers would have to be involved :) . Yes 1080p looks about the same, but they have a C4K with 240mbps there for a reason right? 

https://kroupski.pro/reviews/505303202101-olympus-om-d-e-m1-ii/p6-stabilizer-video/

His review has better samples, one of them clearly showing that Olympus can (finally) produce excellent details. Since I used e-m5ii I can tell you with certainty that in a scene like this, it would look like "throw it in the garbage already". 

GH4 looks like it has better details at 3840x2160 but I would like a comparison with the C4K mode of Olympus which I believe looks sharper: 

Also AF seems much better:

"Autofocus when shooting movies I liked. Radically improved compared to previous models. No yaw and refocusing. High sensitivity, distinct focus and fast translations, predictable operation. Excellent!"

Then again a suspected price of $2000 will definitely kill it for me, at least until few months in when it drops by $500.