A-mount monster!! Sony A99 II announced with 8K sensor, full frame 4K and 5 Axis Image Stabilisation

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi guys, just wanted to chime in here. According to Wikipedia the A-mount flange distance is very close to the EF-mount. Nikon's is longer. This means that, although there are no adapters currently on the market, there definitely could be, at the very least passive ones. There are F-mount to EF-mount adapters available and people do successfully use them so I see no reason why 0.5mm would make a difference in the feasibility of an F-mount to A-mount adapter.

https://***URL removed***/news/5855300360/sony-announces-alpha-99-mark-ii

"The a99 II can capture 4K at 100Mbps (using XAVC S) with full sensor read-out and no pixel binning. A Super 35 option is also available, with 1.8x oversampling. A 'Slow and Quick' mode lets users jump between 1 and 120 fps at the push of a button. All of the capture tools you'd expect are available, including zebra patterns, time code, S-Log2 and S-Log3 profiles and 4:2:2 output over HDMI."

The XAVCS internal is a shame, but necessary because Intraframe would probably be impossible in a body that is much smaller than a Canon 1D series. At least there is HDMI clean out. The 4K downres from 8K makes it sound like a Sony F65 for your pocket!

1 hour ago, The Chris said:

Damn!

Count me as someone that never thought a A99II would ever become a reality. FF4k, 12fps, and Sony's best sensor. 1dxII - who?

The SAR guy - as usual - had no clue this was coming.

$3199 makes me want to dump all my E-mount stuff, the A99 had the best egos of any camera I've ever used.

Damn!

?
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr3-sony-a99-successor-announced-soon-42mp-499-af-points-4k/