Yi (Xiaoyi) M1 is Official

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Preview footage looks interesting. A little over-sharpened, maybe. The colors are interesting. They remind me of the NX1, in that they're simultaneously somewhat muted and a a tad too much.

That US price is just silly, though. This thing ticks a lot of the right boxes, but only at the initial launch price; cost being equal, I'd rather have a G7 or GX85 any day of the week.

1 hour ago, mkabi said:

No DCI - Only UHD 4K.

And, no 4K 24p, only 4K 30p.

Here: https://***URL removed***/reviews/yi-m1-mirrorless-ilc-first-impressions-review/3

Scroll down to the picture and paragraph under 'video'.

No idea for the reason of your post at all : ) in any way other than standing corrected DPreview?! LOL

1) The same DPreview link has already been posted in one of my posts in the previous page of this thread, where you can check the DCI 4096 wide in the specs page, actually, instead:

https://***URL removed***/reviews/yi-m1-mirrorless-ilc-first-impressions-review/2

So, a typo by DPreview? ;-)

2) No one said 4K 24p, on the contrary, the word "if" written in my post means that if 24p would be present (so, according to DPreview as the other poster mercer also wisely pointed out in his post, it is not ; ) the bitrate would be higher because the fewer frames per second you (need to) record, the more bitrate you can reach going with a lower frame rate.  

To pay attention to between the lines can always be useful :-)

It's a 20 mp Sony sensor, the Af is quite weak... But i'm planing to use that with manual glass. I hope they make things easy for a possible hack.

If we can get higher bit rates, custom picture profiles, eliminate all these noise reduction and auto sharpness, this would be a hit!

Can you imagine all of that with a Blackmagic Vídeo Assist (at least 8 bit 422) via hdmi? High level 4k!

16 hours ago, Emanuel said:

No idea for the reason of your post at all : ) in any way other than standing corrected DPreview?! LOL

1) The same DPreview link has already been posted in one of my posts in the previous page of this thread, where you can check the DCI 4096 wide in the specs page, actually, instead:

https://***URL removed***/reviews/yi-m1-mirrorless-ilc-first-impressions-review/2

So, a typo by DPreview? ;-)

2) No one said 4K 24p, on the contrary, the word "if" written in my post means that if 24p would be present (so, according to DPreview as the other poster mercer also wisely pointed out in his post, it is not ; ) the bitrate would be higher because the fewer frames per second you (need to) record, the more bitrate you can reach going with a lower frame rate.  

To pay attention to between the lines can always be useful :-)

I think its a typo in DPReview's spec page. 

If you go to the 3rd page where they have an image of the video menu & a little excerpt about video (below the image) - I don't see DCI.

And, as for your actual statement "Yes, as far as they say. So, 24p, if present, would be higher." May be I'm going by semantics here, but to include "if" means there is an actual possibility... Well.. I dont' see it... and what I don't see, doesn't exist so no possibility... no if...

Unless the company said that they will include it in a future firmware update. Do you have a source for that?

1 hour ago, mkabi said:

I think its a typo in DPReview's spec page. 

If you go to the 3rd page where they have an image of the video menu & a little excerpt about video (below the image) - I don't see DCI.

And, as for your actual statement "Yes, as far as they say. So, 24p, if present, would be higher." May be I'm going by semantics here, but to include "if" means there is an actual possibility... Well.. I dont' see it... and what I don't see, doesn't exist so no possibility... no if...

Unless the company said that they will include it in a future firmware update. Do you have a source for that?

I know nothing : D I just think they could and should be more competent on their own stuff... Especially related to others :-)

10 hours ago, leeys said:

Learn some Chinese, order through Taobao, use a forwarder.

Idk, I'd rather not have to learn Mandarin to buy a camera at it's realistic value. If they wanted to include 720 or 1080 raw video for 600 bucks, then I might be interested, but for a low level 4K camera whose biggest distribution pipeline is eBay, I think the $300 announcement price is reasonable... And even that is tipping the scales toward unlikely. 

I didn't understand much, but what I've taken from that is that they're also releasing a camera bag that looks pretty stylish (0:22-0:25)! :grin:

Agree with what was said previously. I order from Tmall/Taobao from time to time (no need to learn Chinese, it's a website that works like many others, so most is perfectly logical, for other things, just use Google translate). Used to have the agent MisterTao. Recently changed to Cssbuy. Does help save a couple of bucks. Although I'm sure webshops like Banggood/Gearbest/Geekbuying/etc and platforms like AliExpress will go and sell 'em too (I would expect a ~ 30 / 60 USD increase from local China retail price (be aware that you might get charged with import duties, though!)). There's going to be a much higher premium involved if everything is logistically and customs (shipping & tax) sound with added franchise, warehouse and support fees from setting up business overseas. Just the way it is I'm afraid.

19 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

I didn't understand much, but what I've taken from that is that they're also releasing a camera bag that looks pretty stylish (0:22-0:25)! :grin:

Agree with what was said previously. I order from Tmall/Taobao from time to time (no need to learn Chinese, it's a website that works like many others, so most is perfectly logical, for other things, just use Google translate). Used to have the agent MisterTao. Recently changed to Cssbuy. Does help save a couple of bucks. Although I'm sure webshops like Banggood/Gearbest/Geekbuying/etc and platforms like AliExpress will go and sell 'em too (I would expect a ~ 30 / 60 USD increase from local China retail price (be aware that you might get charged with import duties, though!)). There's going to be a much higher premium involved if everything is logistically and customs (shipping & tax) sound with added franchise, warehouse and support fees from setting up business overseas. Just the way it is I'm afraid.

What the eff is an import tax? ?