Canon 5d Mark IV Video

Hanriverprod

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Hanriverprod said:

eoshd c-log

AF test

Tony Northrup comparison

Say what you will, but do you notice that while the Canon clearly show more noise at 12800, the GH4 and A7Rii images start  to turn to mush. I find this harder to work with than noise. Here is a frame grab from 3:45 in the Tony Northrup video. And food for thought... was Samsung's camera tech really that far superior to everyone else. I guess it was judging my TN's comments. He said he believe no camera manufacturers can make a sensor that can scale that's why they need to crop. But did not the Samsung NX1 downscale from 6k to 4k? I really had high hopes for an NX2. Samsung was our best hope at getting 10 bit 6k in a DSLR form factor that would have good battery life, that would not overheat and would record to cheap media with full connectivity, good ergonomics and a touch screen with a modern interface. So sorry to see them go. 

That said, the Canon still looks better to my eyes. Granted I'm not wild about the crop factor. And noise is certainly worst than on the 1DX Mkii. 

Tony Northup.jpg

Well, I find Panasonics pretty unacceptable at anything above ISO1250. So you wouldn't use ISO12800. Dúh. The A7RII you'd try to use in S35 crop mode. The 5DmkIV... well it's a little better than the 5DmkIII, but nothing groundbreaking? I've only noticed extra detail in some of the foliage, but that's about it. Might as well shoot the 5DmkIII with ML RAW and add some post sharpening??

1 minute ago, Curtis Ross said:

Why does the A7RII look so bad.. My A7sII doesnt look that bad..... The 5dM4 does look good though...I will probably pick one up early next year.. And use for 50/50 stills/video..

Worst still, the Sony footage cannot be pushed anywhere near as much in post without turning to mush. 

7 hours ago, Rinad Amir said:

Call me crazy but m4 does look impressive id love to see combination with shogun 

Why? It only does 1080p over HDMI.

5 hours ago, Curtis Ross said:

Why does the A7RII look so bad.. My A7sII doesnt look that bad..... The 5dM4 does look good though...I will probably pick one up early next year.. And use for 50/50 stills/video..

The A7rII looks like it was in FF mode, S35 is much cleaner, and would still have less of a crop than the other two.

2 hours ago, Flynn said:

I think the GH4 looks the best. And the colors are similar to Canon, but I think even better. The A7rii, no way it's that bad.

They note at the end of the video they are shooting in FF mode, which is worse low light performance. I also think they screwed up the white balance, bad representation.