iPhone 7: 4k60p confirmed

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The list of new features looks impressive. Android flagships really only get some upgrades every year or so and then the same specs are reused that year by every brand. I was extremely disappointed that the Samsung Note 7, which is essentially a S7 Edge with a stylus, took so long to bring to market with only the useless retina scanner as a new feature. 4K60p sounds really appealing, can't wait for an Android phone to get it.

EDIT:

All VR capable Android smartphones should at least be able to play 4K60p, so recording isn't far of. The new nexus phones are getting brand new Sony sensors, so maybe 60p is coming?

14 hours ago, JurijTurnsek said:

All VR capable Android smartphones should at least be able to play 4K60p, so recording isn't far of. The new nexus phones are getting brand new Sony sensors, so maybe 60p is coming?

Most current smartphone sensors are currently capable of supporting 4k60p.  The limiting factors has been the processing capabilities to create 4k60p content without overheating.  Android phones will only be able to support it once the latest Snapdragon processor can do it without overheating.

16 minutes ago, markr041 said:

What do you mean, Apple doesn't innovate - they left out the headphone jack. No one else has done that. Now, that's innovation.

I know real innovation. And now they charge $159 for the wireless ones that sound identical to the free ones they use to throw in with the previous phone.

On September 6, 2016 at 7:48 PM, hoodlum said:

I wonder how long the telephoto will be?  It needs to be at least 75mm equivalent to be of much use since the sensor for the tele lens is slightly smaller than wide angle sensor.  Also the tele end has no OIS so it would be limited to good light use.

They said 56mm but I'm guessing that's the 35mm equivalent.

1 hour ago, Jonesy Jones said:

My understanding was that removing the headphone jack was essential for water resistance. And they'll be including EarPods with lightning plug, and additionally a lightning to headphone jack.

Damn Sony and Samsung! Why can't they remove the headphone jack from their water resistant flagships too? Would be way easier for Apple to fuck its customers base.