Sankor compact Cinemascope with single focus mod - test footage

funkyou86

Hi folks! 

Just got my 2x Sankor Compact Cinemascope from my favourite german anamorphic retailer, and I'm quite amazed how sharp is it! Usable picture from f2! There is a custom single focus mod on the lens, it rotates 480 degrees, not really follow focus friendly, but with a wider a ring and a bigger ff gear it should work without problems. I can't wait to try it out on my next music video shoot, meanwhile here's a test I just shot. 

All shots were shot with Gh4 + k&f mft to ef adapter + pentax 50mm f1.7, set to F2.8 + sankor, everything shot 16:9, some 4K, most of it into 1080p.

IMG_6966.JPG.jpeg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have exactly the same lens mine is engraved sankor AnamoPrime. it's awesome and very sharp. the sankor lens is basically the same lens as Kowa 16H and Kowa 8Z with another housing. I had both. Remove all the useless golden tubing and you're good to go. Compact and with the same rear thread as the 16H (50mm diameter). I would love to use this lens with a single focus mod. where did you got it from? thanks

7 minutes ago, DamienMTL said:

I have exactly the same lens mine is engraved sankor AnamoPrime. it's awesome and very sharp. the sankor lens is basically the same lens as Kowa 16H and Kowa 8Z with another housing. I had both. Remove all the useless golden tubing and you're good to go. Compact and with the same rear thread as the 16H (50mm diameter). I would love to use this lens with a single focus mod. where did you got it from? thanks

Absolutely sharp, i already fell in love with this lens. What is the weight of yours without the housing? Would you post a photo of it, please? Thanks!

I don't know who added the singlefocus mod, but I can give you a link to the retailer who got me the lens: http://myworld.ebay.com/die_bitsbox/ Drop him a message, maybe he can get you something ;)

I don't know the weight of mine. I just bought a 52 to 50mm step down ring to attach it cheap. I also ordered a custom support bracket for 15mm rails. you can get an Heliopan 49 to 50mm for taking lens such as Helios 44-2. I also use it with a mir-1B 37mm 2.8 and it's beautiful. I'll get in touch with your guy on ebay. I would love to just have to focus one lens. To be honest double focusing makes shooting nearly impossible on a pro environment.

DSC_0440.JPG

DSC_0439.JPG