BLMCC 4K?

enny

Is bmcc 4k still good camera for personal projects controlled shoots nothing dark. Any big issues that i should be aware of. and i have metabone speedbooster that i use on BMPCC can CY speedbooster be used on 4k at all?

Thanks guys

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
16 minutes ago, enny said:

Is bmcc 4k still good camera for personal projects controlled shoots nothing dark. Any big issues that i should be aware of. and i have metabone speedbooster that i use on BMPCC can CY speedbooster be used on 4k at all?

Thanks guys

Yes its still great under controlled conditions.
Some issues but they where fixed in firmware. Black sun is still there but an easy fix in Resolve with a dedicated function for it.
No, its an EF mount so their will be no speedboosters. You could say that its already boosted with the pretty large s35 sensor.

(with that said, I would absolutely love it in MFT mount since I tested enough lenses on the LS300 to know that s35 + MFT = Perfect)

I have about 500 hours on that camera and will have over 1000 by the end of the year. I would far prefer the cinema camera with a speedbooster, but we have zeiss super speeds in PL mount so production camera was the only option at the time. DR is a bit limited...dslr range. Other than that is has been bullet proof. I was told by the guys in post that some shots had a bit of ghosting in them, and I think that those were recorder in quite extreme heat.

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, gatopardo said:

@Mattias Burling Mattias, have you finished your LS300 review? Is it still a good option? 

Its done as in recorded and ready. Just never seem to have time to edit and do the voice over.
But yes. Its a very good camera. I would say its for those that want a C300ii or FS7 but cant afford it.
Or because you want one of the many LS300 features those two camera don't have.

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

No, its an EF mount so their will be no speedboosters. You could say that its already boosted with the pretty large s35 sensor.

(with that said, I would absolutely love it in MFT mount since I tested enough lenses on the LS300 to know that s35 + MFT = Perfect)

It is a great damn pity a BMPC4K MFT was never produced! 

It would help with its low light issues too.

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

Its done as in recorded and ready. Just never seem to have time to edit and do the voice over.
But yes. Its a very good camera. I would say its for those that want a C300ii or FS7 but cant afford it.

But the LS300 doesn't have 10bit?? :-/  Which is one of the big reasons why to use a C300ii or FS7

I do see however the LS300 has gone for just US$2K:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-GY-LS300-Cinematic-4K-Camcorder-body-only-/122011086342

Can't see the point in it for most people however once the GH5 with 4K 10bit internal arrives for sub $2K

Maybe if the secondhand price of JVC LS300 in early 2017 drops under US$1.5K it might be attractive. 

I recently bought a BMPC 4K in Canon EF and I don't regret.
I used the BMPC 4K during a trip in Japan this month and I shot with natural light, in street, forest, etc.

The cons of this camera are, in my opinion, its a bit heavy weight, bad ability in low light, no slow motion, unreliable battery indicator and ND filter recommended.
But the pros are the image quality, the ProRes 422 HQ in UHD, the CinemaDNG RAW in 4000x2160, the SSD, the touch screen and the operating system are simple and pretty fast, the general build quality and the price !

The BMPC 4K is perfect for controlled shooting and if you don't need slow motion.

• Super Members
43 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

But the LS300 doesn't have 10bit?? :-/  Which is one of the big reasons why to use a C300ii or FS7

I do see however the LS300 has gone for just US$2K:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-GY-LS300-Cinematic-4K-Camcorder-body-only-/122011086342

Can't see the point in it for most people however once the GH5 with 4K 10bit internal arrives for sub $2K

Maybe if the secondhand price of JVC LS300 in early 2017 drops under US$1.5K it might be attractive. 

Many seem happy with 8-bit C100/C100ii. 10-Bit is nice but not an end all spec for everyone.
I might get a GH5 for sure but it probably wont have built in NDs, camcorder form factor, dual phantom powered XLRs, etc, etc.
Many get the FS7 for an all in one + slowmo and don't necessarily care about the 10-bit.

Also a big chance (imo) that the 10-bit GH5 is just in HD and the 4K is 8-bit 4:2:2. The LS also has 4K 4:2:2

Thanks guys for that more questions.:) i have Yashica CY lenses can i use them with a adapteron EF mount would there be any distance issues between lens and camera.

9 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

How is that red mx treating you any issues so far?

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

No problems with C/Y on the EF.

Dont have the Red any more. Pretty sad about it, its the nicest s35 image I know.

is it difficult to use for one person? and can you record slow motion on CF cards or just red mag

Hi guys thanks for reply i have few more questions.

I am leaning toward BMPCC 2.5k i have Contax Yashica Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster do i get MFT or EF for my speedboster to work on 2.5 black magic and when adding speedboster what would be the crop size? how close to super 35.

Thanks guys

• 5 months later...