Zeiss 63 2x anamorphic / anamorphot questions

BabsDoProd

Hi, everybody, after getting some really good deals on a Hypergonar HiFi 2 and a Kowa 8Z recently, I've been really happy with the possibilities for anamorphic filming. However, one lens that was always in the list was a Zeiss 63 2X projector anamorphic and after looking around I didn't really see a dedicated discussion about it and whether it's any good or not. Heck, I didn't even see that many videos online that have used it. So, I missed out on one recently and the only thing that held me back was whether it was actually any good or if it was going to end up being a waste of money and time. I've heard nothing but good things about the HiFi 2 but now owning one, I can see that it really is a very big lens and the focus distance almost makes it impractical for me with interiors but it is a really nice anamorphic so I wondered if the Zeiss might be the same in this regard. For people who own one or have owned a Zeiss 63 2X before, what can you say about it? Is it a big lens like the HiFi 2 and, if so, will a 70-200mm support ring fit it too? How's the focus distance? How's the sharpness and image quality compared to other anamorphics? Can the SLR Magic Rangefinder fit on it? Overall, is it practical?

One other thing that always kind of made me want one too was that it just sounds cool to say that we would be filming with "Zeiss anamorphics" but more of a wink-wink kind of way you know? :) Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs