Nikon D750 successor?

sqm

Hey Guys,

there is a big price drop on amzon.com for the d750.

No drop in Germany, but seems out of stock... 1-3 months shipping time.

The past showed a 2 year cycle for a camera refresh, maybe we see 5d mark IV competitor at photokina.

What specs do you expect? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The price is now back to the regular price. It was just a brief drop. It still might mean a D750 replacement is around the corner but maybe not. Seems way to soon to me but then again, they might be worried about the 5d IV. I wonder how much of the D5 technology a new D750 will get. Will it get the autofocus? 

The price drop was such an extremely short term thing, it might mean something.... or it could just be a red herring, that we should not read anything into.

The Nikon D600 series however is even more due for an update! As the D600 is much older than the D750 (and the D610 is such an extremely tiny update of the D600, it just was to get rid of the D600 name stigma).

But I wouldn't be too surprise if they update the D750, drop the original D750 price even further, discontinue the D610 and have it replaced with a price slashed D750.

Im looking for top stills camera but with also good video.

i think the D750 would fit in but dont want to buy a almost replaced camera...

Were is focus peaking? I dont know how to work without it anymore :D

I left sony for colors and handling... It just dont felt right to me.

Seems like no real option for me at the moment, 1dx II ist too expensive.

I expect that the next Nikon full frame bump will come first half next year. 

My guess is that a D750 successor or a D810 successor comes first - with 4k. For 4k, D750 successor with fewer megapixels and less of a crop would make more sense (I kinda doubt they'll have a full sensor read out). I expect that a 4k D750 successor to come before a D810 replacement.

D610: I don't think they'll drop D750 to that price level. Either the D750 will see a reduction in price, but to a higher price - or they'll bump the D610 with another entry level full frame body. What they will do depends on how well it has paid off for Nikon to have a range with 5 different full frame bodies. I'm not so sure it makes sense for them to have so many models.

there's been some speculation that the next D6xx would basically be D750, and that the next D7xx would have a more pro body (a la D700). I think it's very safe to assume the next FX cams will all have 4K as the D5/500 released this year implement it. Hopefully they add peaking and more robust codec options but somehow Nikon R&D seem slow to push forward in video department.