New camera...too much choice :/

Kangaroo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
58 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I've seen some samples and yes, it's very very very bad for video, but for stills it's amazing.

Right now I have to decide, buying the em10 ii (the em5 II it's a bit expensive) or buying the xt10 for stills and in the future something more video oriented. 

Fuzzynormal is right, I don't need the super IQ, but I'm afraid that the em10 II is not that great for photos either 

Why is the E-M10 or E-M5/1 not that great for photos?  Unless you are a pixel peeper, then I think the current m4/3 hold there own for most types of still shooting and the array of high-quality AF glass (and often quite affordable i.e olympus 25, 45 1.7 primes) shouldn't be discounted.

3 minutes ago, mat33 said:

Why is the E-M10 or E-M5/1 not that great for photos?  Unless you are a pixel peeper, then I think the current m4/3 hold there own for most types of still shooting and the array of high-quality AF glass (and often quite affordable i.e olympus 25, 45 1.7 primes) shouldn't be discounted.

I've read this article http://yannickkhong.com/blog/2015/9/25/wrapping-up-the-olympus-journey-final-review-of-the-m43-system

I don't trust it 100% of course but it makes me question if the oly m43 is what I want 

I don't know what the guy is talking about, as he seems to say the images are too flat but then a 1 inch sensor in the RX100 is ok??? Anyhow, there are plenty of great images shot on the olympus system, and the PRO zoom lenses are some of the best and are small for their focal lengths. There are many other great systems out there, so you need to look at your style of shooting and what is most important to you.  If IQ is king and you don't care about size and weight, then save up for a Pentax 645Z.  But if you want something you can take with you anywhere, that are fun to shoot with, and have some pretty nice innovative features (like live composite mode, high resolution mode, great IBIS that allows handheld shots at 1/4-1/2 sec).  Also, check out John Brawley's latest video on the EM5ii and see if the IQ of that is good enough for what you are going to shoot?  I think if you are only delivering to the web then its fine, and your viewers are going to notice other things more than the IQ.

Anyhow get what fits your needs, not what everyone else is using or are raving about at the moment. It what you do with it that counts not what you are doing it with.

18 hours ago, Phil A said:

Just quickly giving feedback on this specific part of the question as I've tried the X-T1 which has the same sensor.

You don't want to shoot video with the X-E1/X-E2/X-T1/X-T10. It's so full of moire and aliasing that you won't get happy.

X-T1 is not that bad since v3.00 firmware that increased video quality. But every sample on the web is based of v1.00 firmware.
It is not a good tool for video, but it is not as bad as people say. But I totally agree that it is a fantastic stills camera (and you can adapt pretty much every lens on the fuji mount ;) )