Advice needed: Iscorama 54 rail mounting

Timotheus

Hi all, interested in hearing about mounting solutions for Iscorama 54 and/or Isco 16:9 Video Attachment. How do you keep it safe and (super)stable on 15mm rods? What type of support or lens collars do you use?

I have one specific wish, as I would like to have the Isco secured to the rails without having to physically attach it to the taking lens. In this way I can remove the camera by it's cage handle for some lighter-weight shooting without the rail system.

I already read through this older topic, but am looking for a more sturdy setup.

Keen to hear your solutions, thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Hi all, interested in hearing about mounting solutions for Iscorama 54 and/or Isco 16:9 Video Attachment. How do you keep it safe and (super)stable on 15mm rods? What type of support or lens collars do you use?

I have one specific wish, as I would like to have the Isco secured to the rails without having to physically attach it to the taking lens. In this way I can remove the camera by it's cage handle for some lighter-weight shooting without the rail system.

I already read through this older topic, but am looking for a more sturdy setup.

Keen to hear your solutions, thanks!

Redstan has an adaptor which you attach to the back of the Iscorama54 & you can then mount it on rails. However, someone who bought one told me that it doesn't attach to the taking lens properly - so might not be a problem for you.

http://www.redstan.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=63

Personally, I use a Zacuto lens mount that has a system to clamp it securely down, but I would never leave it like that without attaching it to a taking lens.

The 54 weighs 1kg & you'll need something robust to keep it secure on rails - I just think that it's too heavy (& expensive) to have it free standing on its own. Safety first?

Thanks Bioskop for the tip on the redstan clamp. I would indeed prefer it that the Isco would have two secured support points. The redstan on the back, combined with a support on the front might do the trick. The circumference of the front is huge though, so it might be hard to find a solution that secures the lens all around. Perhaps some tie-wrap will come in handy ;-)

Initially I was thinking of using the Lanparte lens support to go around some 77mm rings stacked on the back filter thread. This combined with a support up front. But the rubber might not be quite as up to the task as redstan's clamp...

23 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Thanks Bioskop for the tip on the redstan clamp. I would indeed prefer it that the Isco would have two secured support points. The redstan on the back, combined with a support on the front might do the trick. The circumference of the front is huge though, so it might be hard to find a solution that secures the lens all around. Perhaps some tie-wrap will come in handy ;-)

Initially I was thinking of using the Lanparte lens support to go around some 77mm rings stacked on the back filter thread. This combined with a support up front. But the rubber might not be quite as up to the task as redstan's clamp...

I use this, a lot more expensive than what I paid for it! (buying used Zacuto stuff, still means it has a lifetime guarantee):

http://store.zacuto.com/lightweight-locking-lens-support/

I place it just after the 54's button that you use to align the lens, as there is space.

The elastic on the Lanporte doesn't inspire too much confidence, but a quick google search found this - it looks like it is more secure & should fit the 54:

https://cvp.com/index.php?t=product/vocas_0360-0500-01