5DIV full spec and full image leak

wolf33d

http://www.cameraegg.org/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-full-specs-and-images/

Well so we will have 4k30fps with DPAF. No 4k60fps and no 120fps in FHD. 8b 422 MJPEG 500mbps confirmed. 

Only thing we do not know is CLOG or not and the crop in 4K. 

On my side I do not know what to do:

GH5 with full video spec (4k60p, log, IBIS,..) but without DPAF which is essential to me  + a D750 for stills

5DIV that does good stills and video but no IBIS and no 4k60p and log

Wait for Sony A9 or Nikon D810 replacement...?

Sounds like we wont get a FF body that does everything well this year again.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So far it's just rumors but still boring specs. Knowing the Canon trend to cripple its DSLR I'm not very optimistic. First it's only 4k30p, then the huge deal breaker of MJPEG with massive file size and need to transcode. It's like Canon can't ignore 4k anymore but wants us to feel the pain of using it.

We can probably also forget about peaking and zebra. LOG i don't know but the 1DX doesn't have it. And is that going to be cropped ? What about aliasing and 4K quality, is that going to be like the usual Canon 1080 that looks like 720 ?

Last we have DPAF, that's great but if the image sucks and the video features are non existent, the benefit is very small. Looks like I'm going to keep my current camera and wait for the next Sony or GH line....

Conclusion: after holding it for as long as possible, Canon is finally jumping in the 4K train but in the worst possible way with weird specs that are going to be severely outdated in a few month by the upcoming competition that will to give us 4K60 and 6K30 soon. In 3 or 4 years I can't even imagine how theses ridiculous specs will look like...

I went through one of the sites and Canon has copied a lot of Panasonic Features  (various 4k Modes, in camera RAW edit, touch panel which they didn't want pn their weather proof cameras, anti-flicker for the GH4 etc).

Is it also lighter and smaller?

9 hours ago, OliKMIA said:

First it's only 4k30p

Since when did 4k60p become a must have on a DSLR!?  This spec chasing will just go on and on and on.

Conclusion: after holding it for as long as possible, Canon is finally jumping in the 4K train but in the worst possible way with weird specs that are going to be severely outdated in a few month by the upcoming competition that will to give us 4K60 and 6K30 soon. In 3 or 4 years I can't even imagine how theses ridiculous specs will look like...

Is that the same Canon that ALREADY have a 4K60p camera (1DX-II)?

Is that also the same Canon that have the best 4K image quality of any hybrid/dslr (1DC)?

Is that the same Canon that "finally jumped into 4K" 3 years ago (1DC)?

If it has an image similar to the 1DX-II, it will be a nice camera... 4:2:2 mpeg is actually really nice. Will be interesting to see if ML take a look under the hood.

2 minutes ago, Jara Moravec said:

I think the million dollar question is whether Magic Lantern is going to be available. Imagine 50fps HD RAW with these bitrates. I could not care less about 4K but I want detailed beefy RAW and potentially lower res 120fps RAW...

I think that this is unlikely to happen since the specs only mention conventional SD and CF card slots. Like with the 5D MkII and MkIII before, the storage controller (along with the uncompressed raw image signal from the camera) creates the bottleneck for higher frame rates and/or pixel resolution when recording raw video.

Not that these specs sound massively exciting by any means, but I'd be wary about making predictions like this. Back at the start of the year the 4K modes in the D5 and D500 were greeted with howls of derision by many on this forum, and predictions about how the still-to-be-announced A6300 would be a massive game-changer and render every similar camera (with the likely exception of the GH4) obsolete. The reality was... less clear-cut, to say the least.

20 minutes ago, Jara Moravec said:

I think the million dollar question is whether Magic Lantern is going to be available. Imagine 50fps HD RAW with these bitrates. I could not care less about 4K but I want detailed beefy RAW and potentially lower res 120fps RAW...

Possibly an extra 1.5+ stops DR too, if Canon use the new sensor tech.

If ML were to unleash 1080/60p, 13.5 stops DR, raw, canon colour and DPAF, i'd be all over it.

8 hours ago, Zach Ashcraft said:

I'm still rocking a 5d Mark 3 with H.264 and its performing just fine for most gigs. More detail and Dual Pixel AF is all I need. A moderate upgrade in the slowmo department is welcome too. 

Why will you choose this over another camera in the $3,000-4,000 range? Seems like there are options that are a better choice for someone doing video. Or do you need something that can do stills and video well in one camera? The dual pixel is nice to have but you can now pick up a new C100 mkii for not much more money.

7 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

If true it will rock. Its gonna keep Canon at the top of the sales lists for years.

You think these specs "rock" compared to what other companies are currently offering and what they'll be offering in the coming years? I'm not seeing it. But I'm sure Canon will sell tons of them because so many are already heavily invested in their system and this will be more than enough for most of them.

When you see how badly the Canon XC10 was received when it first came out and how many people like it now, wait and see seems the best response.

That said, I'm getting more and more bored looking at camera specs. If I factor in user pleasure, Canon and sony are pretty far down my list compared to Olympus and Panasonic and I'm curious to see what they have up their sleeves. 

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Flynn said:

You think these specs "rock" compared to what other companies are currently offering and what they'll be offering in the coming years? I'm not seeing it.

I dont give a crap about specs. I care about how it preforms. Just look at the Sony A7sii, a6300 and GH4. Great specs but suck ass compared to a 5Dmkiii.
A Red Scarlet, Sony FS5 or FS7 all have great specs but cant touch the image from a D16, R1MX or what have you.
IMO of course.

Another image that I think kills the GH4, Sony Ax etc is the 8-Bit 4:2:2 from the XC10. So if the 5Dmkiv has the same codec but on a large sensor... winner. 

Side Note:
Don't you just love how some when asked to show examples of how good a camera is send you a chart or a number instead of an actual image... :)
Got to love the internet.