Petition for LOG video profile on Panasonic GX85

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I bet if you ask Matt Frazer he'll say it's something he'd like to see as well, but that's it's the strategy of the higher-ups in Japan not to do anything like that.

Glad he managed to get some stuff going for the GH4. Which is more experimental add-ons than something anticipated from the get-go btw (like mentioned @ 34:45).

The GX80/85... tough luck. While you're at it, might as well be petitioning Canon to add 4K to the 760D/T6s.

At the end of the day though, I applaud the enthusiasm, but you can't just go and petition everything. Same was when Samsung was dropping the NX-line. I get you want stuff (doesn't everyone?), but it doesn't really work like that. It's something else if someone doesn't live up to some promise, but you know what you were getting yourself into... it's not like you've been wronged by them. It's just how business works. Blame segmentation. You want something better? Buy the more expensive model. GH4 too old and you like the GX80/85 but it's missing some of that mojo? Wait for the GH5.

But hey, power to you for trying. Maybe I'm just overly pessimistic.

1 hour ago, Cinegain said:

I bet if you ask Matt Frazer he'll say it's something he'd like to see as well, but that's it's the strategy of the higher-ups in Japan not to do anything like that.

Glad he managed to get some stuff going for the GH4. Which is more experimental add-ons than something anticipated from the get-go btw (like mentioned @ 34:45).

The GX80/85... tough luck. While you're at it, might as well be petitioning Canon to add 4K to the 760D/T6s.

At the end of the day though, I applaud the enthusiasm, but you can't just go and petition everything. Same was when Samsung was dropping the NX-line. I get you want stuff (doesn't everyone?), but it doesn't really work like that. It's something else if someone doesn't live up to some promise, but you know what you were getting yourself into... it's not like you've been wronged by them. It's just how business works. Blame segmentation. You want something better? Buy the more expensive model. GH4 too old and you like the GX80/85 but it's missing some of that mojo? Wait for the GH5.

But hey, power to you for trying. Maybe I'm just overly pessimistic.

I must disagree with you. Panasonic added Many Features in Firmware even with the GH4. Anamorphic and VLog came After users began petitioning Panasonic.

Maybe users should follow Matt Frazer and other Panasonic executives  (and Directors) on Twitter or tell him during Trade Shows/ Electronic Shows  (as well).

1 hour ago, aldolega said:

Seems extremely unlikely to me when the GH5 is due out in two months. Why would they want their $700 camera to be more competitive with their probably-$1800-2000 flagship?

More than the GH5, the reason the GX85 did not have Cinelike V and D was to protect the G7 (which had those and a mic in) and the GX8.

The GH5 would have (I am assuming) far better than merely better battery life and just a VLog. They have tweaked the Vlog seriously on the DX200, so that may be on the GH5, and maybe have a 5k photo mode (or a 6k, if it doesn't have the GX85's sensor). While I doubt it will have (dual pixel) PDAF, it could have faster (and more accurate continuous autofocus in) photo burst speeds.

8 hours ago, aldolega said:

Seems extremely unlikely to me when the GH5 is due out in two months. Why would they want their $700 camera to be more competitive with their probably-$1800-2000 flagship?

While it's possible Panasonic would think that way.. it's not true. Would really just make this a much better b-camera for the gh5