Samsung NX1 Film Convert is out!

ricardo_sousa11

Film Convert has just released the Samsung NX1 profile, will post some examples soon!

http://www.filmconvert.com/download/camera-profile

Not the best examples, but here they go :

LnS9Kb2.jpg

jXX2sq0.jpg

Im not too happy with the footage, maybe its becuase I havent used FilmConvert too much, but its quite hard to make them look good, will keep trying and post more as I go! Feel free to share your examples!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi I really liked your short on the ferrari video, it's so well done! I just have a question for the NX1 and that's ISO setting, are you trying to always use the lowest iso "100" or with gamma DR you're using always a higher iso.  because in order to use film convert, you need a flat profile. but in cameras like RED that shoot RAW iso is always high. 

I tested it with their settings for gamma dr but forgot I had master black level still at 15 and it looked really nice haha. Didn't even realize until I looked back at my camera after grading.

And I definitely noticed a ridiculous green cast without andrews setting for gamma dr. But the film convert profile compensates nicely for this.

11 minutes ago, shanebrutal said:

I tested it with their settings for gamma dr but forgot I had master black level still at 15 and it looked really nice haha. Didn't even realize until I looked back at my camera after grading.

And I definitely noticed a ridiculous green cast without andrews setting for gamma dr. But the film convert profile compensates nicely for this.

shane, do you think there is an easy way to correct cineconvert 'backwards'? I mean, taking the green back to normal levels, considering that nx1 profile lowers it?

On 28/7/2016 at 6:32 AM, John Parker said:

Hi guys, FilmConvert here. Just wanted to let you know we've heard the feedback about some redness in the NX1 profile. We're doing some more QA here, and may release a new version of the profile shortly.

great! please also release one profile based on EOShd suggested settings (0.95 on the green channel, gammaDR). Most are using these settings to get good colors ooc and great dr.