Camcorders

mercer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Michael Coffee said:

Check out the VisionColor profiles - definitely my favourites.. might have to try Kendy's though.. if it is as good or better than Visiontech I will be v happy :)

Thanks for the recommendation, I definitely will. In search of video examples I also found LightForm. Any experience with that? The videos look great.

21 hours ago, Matt Kieley said:

Thanks. I was definitely taking in mumblecore films at the time I made it (2009) but I was more influenced by Wes Anderson, Noah Baumbach and Jim Jarmusch. It was shot on a Panasonic DVX100 (original model, not a or b).

I may have to buy that pic profile. I'll probably give Magic Lantern Cinestyle a shot first, and if I'm not satisfied I'll buy Kendy's.

Very cool. I had my first day with my XC10 today. I am so bad at color though. 

Also don't forget the simplest of canon profiles... ProLost Flat. 

I kinda freaking love my t3i with prolost and a nikkor lens. Even its lack of detail.. I ended up adding a blur to several shots in a short I did recently. And used the digital zoom at one point. I forgot kendy's picture profile is available! Have to check that out. Good luck, Matt!

What color tools are you using, @mercer?

12 minutes ago, Liam said:

I kinda freaking love my t3i with prolost and a nikkor lens. Even its lack of detail.. I ended up adding a blur to several shots in a short I did recently. And used the digital zoom at one point. I forgot kendy's picture profile is available! Have to check that out. Good luck, Matt!

What color tools are you using, @mercer?

I'm using Color Finale in FCPX, color wheels to balance the color, and curves... Master curve for exposure... Usually a slight s curve and then I will tweak the RGB curves a little as well. 

21 minutes ago, mercer said:

I'm using Color Finale in FCPX, color wheels to balance the color, and curves... Master curve for exposure... Usually a slight s curve and then I will tweak the RGB curves a little as well. 

Cool, just curious. Haven't used color wheels much, but a little unsure about them.. Been browsing all the free nle's lately, seeing what I can get away with. weirdly I really like those simple blue-yellow "temperature" and magenta-green "tint" sliders for color when I can get em.

32 minutes ago, Liam said:

Cool, just curious. Haven't used color wheels much, but a little unsure about them.. Been browsing all the free nle's lately, seeing what I can get away with. weirdly I really like those simple blue-yellow "temperature" and magenta-green "tint" sliders for color when I can get em.

I also just started messing with mojo a little as well. And you're right the sliders are pretty nice. 

Mojo seems to work really well with Visioncolor - seems alot more effective than with my panasonic footage for some reason, possibly because Mojo was released at the height of the DSLR/Canon revolution, so perhaps optimised for Canon's... I like Mojo alot, it can be such a quick way to get a great look happening! 

I read that the way Mojo affects colours puts some priority to isolating/protecting the skin tones, and also that Visioncolor gives a similar attention to the skin colour range - there does seem to be some synergy happening with these two products!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2016 at 1:49 PM, mercer said:

That's a whole lotta camera for $800 though. I know there are some mixed reactions for the AF100 on this site, but I have seen some beautiful videos made with it. 

This is worth a read:

http://anycam.wpengine.com/old-but-not-out/

There is one in my local city going for US$360, have my fingers crossed I might be able to snap it up!

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

This is worth a read:

http://anycam.wpengine.com/old-but-not-out/

There is one in my local city going for US$360, have my fingers crossed I might be able to snap it up!

Good read, thanks. For $360, I would have bought that yesterday. After watching some videos on Vimeo, I was half tempted to buy one for 900 the other week.