Unknown Anamorphic Lens

altopuig

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think it is more likely a 1.5x lens from the shape.  1.33x lens all are for video cam.  Can be used in wide angle.  This lens looks not for it.

The thread there seems to be missing a ring?  Can it be turning?  If no, the screw might be for adjust fixed distance, like other 1.5x lens for 8mm or 16mm projectors.

First of all thanks for the reply! I appreciate that! The seller said it was 1.33x but I imagine he didn't know what he was selling. The flares are reaaally awesome, my kowa 16h doesnt flare like this at all. I will try to to experiment with tape or something and see if it is a focus through lens, im crossing the fingers... hope it is. I tried a soviet 58mm and no vignette at all even though the rear diameter is small...like 22 - 23 mm or something like this. If anybody know anything about it or any way to mount it properly with a rapido clamp or something let me know! Cheers!

10 hours ago, altopuig said:

First of all thanks for the reply! I appreciate that! The seller said it was 1.33x but I imagine he didn't know what he was selling. The flares are reaaally awesome, my kowa 16h doesnt flare like this at all. I will try to to experiment with tape or something and see if it is a focus through lens, im crossing the fingers... hope it is. I tried a soviet 58mm and no vignette at all even though the rear diameter is small...like 22 - 23 mm or something like this. If anybody know anything about it or any way to mount it properly with a rapido clamp or something let me know! Cheers!

You said tried soviet 58mm.  What camera you are using?

For the ratio, you can test through circle target to figure out.

Focus through lens is not good thing, IMO.  

Focus marks denotes it can focus. Looks similar to a Superama 1.5x for 8mm (but it isn't). If the flares appear as multiple light blue streaks then it is probably of the same optical recipe as cinevision/yashica-scope type lenses. Should resolve good sharpness on the GH4, especially when taking lens stopped down to around f4...Nice lens.

6 hours ago, altopuig said:

Oh yes i forgot. With a Gh4 58mm is 116 mm.  I was hoping it was a focus through to just focus the taking lens. Any ideas how i can know the thread size?

Focus through = fixed focus. (Normally at several feet-infinity, can rack focus to limited amount if taking lens heavily stopped down)

Single focus = Taking lens set to infinity, full range achieved from anamorphic focusing only.

The lens pictured in the OP is neither, can be regarded as dual-focus when adapted for modern camera use. Requires focus of taking lens and scope lens to be unified to resolve sharp focus. Third party variable diopter (rangefinder/rectiliux etc) would enable lens to operate as single focus.

Thread size most likely not a common pitch thread used nowadays for photographic use i.e 20.2mm (but there is always the occasional thread that is not weird on lenses like this). You can often make your own mounting solution from adapting step rings and electrical tape, but be very careful not to let the rear optic touch the front optic of the taking lens - it will damage the coating and probably the glass surface of both lenses. Helios 44 is a good taking lens choice - allows small 8mm lenses like these to go slightly 'inside' the front of the Helios, minimising light loss and vignette.

To get an accurate thread measurement, best to get some digital calipers and measure the diameter of the thread yourself. Most likely you'd be better off measuring the widest rear (static) diameter of the lens and get a proper clamp adapter from RedStan or Rapido.

worth spending bucks on a decent clamp if the optics are clean IMHO - as it should deliver very nice results on the smaller sensor of the GH4 with taking lens stopped down a little (to get optimum sharpness, yet will retain that lovely multi-streak flare).