How I Fell for a LOMO Anamorphic Scam

Tito Ferradans

The past month and a half were a thrilling roller coaster ride with PayPal and unsure if the seller was true to his word or not. It turned out he wasn't, but I still got my money back.

If you want more info and the whole story, read http://www.tferradans.com/blog/?p=9173

Have you ever had trouble with sellers or buyers and products that were different than advertised?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Tito Ferradans said:

The past month and a half were a thrilling roller coaster ride with PayPal and unsure if the seller was true to his word or not. It turned out he wasn't, but I still got my money back.

If you want more info and the whole story, read http://www.tferradans.com/blog/?p=9173

Have you ever had trouble with sellers or buyers and products that were different than advertised?

thank you for sharing, im definitely gonna read whole story since im just about to start selling my Lomo to "world-wide" market. Since u had some experience what scheme of buying is the best reliable for both: seller and buyer? And for your confidence here's a lot of unreliable people around when ure dealing with some valuable things, Im waiting  buyer for almost two month and despite we had agreement he even didnt showed up. So im failed at local market and now heading to sell it world-wide. And thats my first time so your story is very revelant for me)

UPD Uh, and ill spread that story on local group 

UPD-UPD My buyer was also from Kazakstan/Alma-ata... and his name was Denis as far as i know.. but i refused to sell it other than personal meeting in Moscow)

Good thing you got your money back!

I'm usually over-cautious.

I booked a trip to Amsterdam just to meet up with the seller when I bought my Isco 36.

With most of the equipment I buy here in Sweden, I also meet up with the sellers and inspect the goods thoroughly - about 90% of the time. I can make exceptions when it's cheaper lenses.

I have however even backed out of buys even after meeting up.

One incident I remember very well is when I met up with a guy selling a Nikon lens that was about 5 years old, no mention of any bad condition in the ad. First thing I noticed when we met up was how the front of the lens was totally fogged up and dusty, no way you could test shoot with the lens being like that. I hadn't even thought about needing to bring some lens cleaning equipment with me. Also, considering that such a recent lens was in such a condition, and that the seller did not even mention it in the ad made it easy to decide to back out of the buy quickly...

I also suspected that the lens might have been stolen - I haven't ever met up with a photographer trying to sell a lens that he hasn't at least tried to wipe clean.

Thanks for sharing Tito, a healthy reminder. I'm getting suspicious I was also scammed in a transaction with a forum member here... Will give him just a little bit more time to explain or prove me wrong, but thus far my repeated requests for updates on the 'sold' lens have gone unanswered since paying. I'll keep the community here updated...and warned if my fears prove valid.

I too fell victim to this scam. I'm so pissed. All I wanted was a singular focus and "Dr. Ebrahim Saawadi" screwed up my hopes and dreams. For being a new member of the community I put faith in someone that was the "highest ranking member of EOSHD". Whelp, I'm down a bunch of money and can't make pretty videos. My loss...

On July 13, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Timotheus said:

Hell yes. You will be hearing more very soon. So angry man.

10 hours ago, JamesDrum said:

I too fell victim to this scam. I'm so pissed. All I wanted was a singular focus and "Dr. Ebrahim Saawadi" screwed up my hopes and dreams. For being a new member of the community I put faith in someone that was the "highest ranking member of EOSHD". Whelp, I'm down a bunch of money and can't make pretty videos. My loss...

Come and join the party in the main section of the forum, bring your story and some email screenshots, drinks and snacks are ready and plenty.