Recommend me some good lights!

ricardo_sousa11

I've been searching for some lights for a while now, I really dont know mucha bout them, I have used a cheap LED panel on top of the camera, but thats not nearly strong enough for what I need. I need a compact, battery operated (preferebly round) powerfull light, mostly for weddings and stuff.

What do you guys recommend?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
21 hours ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

I've been searching for some lights for a while now, I really dont know mucha bout them, I have used a cheap LED panel on top of the camera, but thats not nearly strong enough for what I need. I need a compact, battery operated (preferebly round) powerfull light, mostly for weddings and stuff.

What do you guys recommend?

F&V made an interesting round spot light for on camera use (around the lens actually), but for some reason many of the retailers including B&H are not stocking its products anymore. 

Try this. This isn't too small, but very bright and pretty narrow beam angle too. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1146129-REG/aputure_amaran_al_528s_daylight_led.html

If that is too large (or out of your budget) try this one. It's tiny and quite powerful. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1114779-REG/aputure_amaran_al_198_198_on_camra_daylight.html

22 minutes ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Im not looking for in camera use, its mostly to use out of the camera (although if it could fit on the camera could be nice..)

Try and pick up something that is exceptionally bright and turn down the brightness. You could also bounce it off ceilings or walls. And if size is not an issue pick up something seriously bright.

Check these: 

• Lupolux Dual Color LED's (650, 1000, 2000).
  • Blind Spot Gear Scorpion Lights. 
  • Aputure Light Storm. 
  • Brightcast V-15 Flexible. 

I'd also invest in a master collection of styling and correction gels, diffusers, reflectors, bounce cards, crocodile clips, gaffa.... all very useful bits and bobs.