c300 vs sony fs7 (f55) vs db 16 vs ursa mini 4.6k

Ed_David

graded some stills from CML

to me c300 has the best skin tones - this is from the sony f55 - fs7's big brother

but now it's a question of how does the motion feel?

That's the big thing for me - does it feel choppy even at 24fps 180 shutter?

and finally, is the Ursa mini 4.6k ready for prime time yet?

F55 zero H_1.3.1.jpg

D16-20151011-Scene-001-0010-0000001_1.2.1.jpg

c300ii_1.1.1_1.1.1.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The feel of motion on the DB16 is pretty hard to beat. That true global shutter really opens doors for how you can shoot. It's incredibly liberating to shoot handheld with the DB16 and really "get in there" and be immersed in the action. Even when I was a kid I wasn't a big fan of jello.

Isn't beautiful motion whether big or small, fast or slow paramount to film? Motion picture vs. Photography?

1 hour ago, Inazuma said:

Two questions:

1) What is CML?

2) How long have you held motion cadence in such high regard? I remember you used to be quite fond of the NX1 despite its poor readout time 

Cinematography Mailing LIst - the OG of cameras.  They are an important part of the internet cinematography community.  check it out - http://www.cinematography.net/

2.  always loved motion cadence - that's why I owned 3 f35s!  NX1 was cool to me because it was a meaty image in such a small camera, before I got the a7s ii -  - was  a really nice interesting camera.  workflow was heavy gigs though!

also readout time is different than how each camera interpolates shutter - unless it's a mechnical shutter, it is electronically recreating a spinning shutter with exposure and darkness.  That's, I think, were each camera interprets motion differently.  But I think I'm probably wrong about that, too.