Matching NX1/NX500 and Sony A7Rii/A6300 and RX10 ii footage

Anees

Hi guys,

I am more of a photographer that is getting into video.

I have been asked to record a friends wedding. I have offered to do the video for free, just asked them to cover my expenses. I am confident with what I am doing but I was wondering what the best settings would be to use to match the footage from my cameras? This would be a three person shoot since I would like to make the shoot as professional as possible to build my portfolio.

I have the Sony A7Rii, A6300, RX10ii as well as 3 Sony 4K Action Cams and the Samsung NX1 and NX500. I also have a DJI Phantom 4 that I may use for establishing shots if I can get to the venue the day before/ahead of time. The A7Rii is my primary stills camera so I don't plan on using it for video.

Looking at the settings on the cameras and because I don't really know enough to try to grade S-log footage I was thinking of using Cine 2 on the A6300 + RX10ii and then use Film Convert to hopefully match up the footage. Film Convert also has a profile for the DJI Inspire so I was thinking I could use this with the Phantom footage. Not sure what to do with the Samsung cameras however.  Any recommendations? I was thinking of not using the Samsungs but the lack of over heating issues and the touchscreens are big pluses!!

Thanks
Anees

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've managed to match pretty well a Sony A7R II (Cine 4 / Cinema gamma) with an RX 10 II (Cine 2 / Cinema gamma). The RX10 II will be a little less contrasty but that's quite easy to fix. My strategy when using different, unmatched cameras on a shoot is to use each one for a markedly different shot / angle. You use the closest matched cameras to film the same actions and the least well matched ones to film the most different shots. Dose that make sense?  

I think you should get a color chart (I have the passeport video). Then you can generate your LUTs (if resolve has your chart recognized) and it is painless.

I always use a color chart since I'm colorblind and cannot rely on my eyes for color calibration / camera matching, it gets quite easy and fast to do you color correction.