5 reasons why I will be getting a Panasonic GH5

Andrew Reid

3 hours ago, Ed_David said:

If you were older abrahim you would know we used different film stocks based on mood and feel for the film.

Those were the good times back when we were in med school, stealing xray film and chemicals to take 8x10" nudes, eating fetus to become stronger, having fun with the resident nurses, and kodachrome, oh god, kodachrome you still remember that one time...

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, anakin316 said:

Any confirmation that the metabones XL speedbooster will even work properly with the gh5?

Thanks

It should. Only reason it wouldn't is if they rearranged the physical pieces in the mount or the shutter. But if it doesn't work, there will be a new dedicated one soon enough

Are we definitely sure the XL will give problems, because as I read it, I don't see a problem with the crop:

The new Speed Booster XL 0.64x reduces the full-frame crop factor of the Panasonic GH4 from 2.0x to 1.28x, thus effectively transforming these cameras into APS-H format.

Nor any physical design limit...

there are still a number of Micro Four Thirds cameras that are not supported due to mechanical clearance issues

Note how the latest GX8,GX80/85 don't represent any problems (indicated in the table with color green).

-- ah, nvm I guess, didn't notice there was a GH5 note

EF-S and third party DX lenses may not cover the full Micro Four Thirds sensor in still photo, FHD video (all cameras) and 4k (GH5) modes (but will cover 4k video mode on GX8, GX80/85)

On 6/23/2016 at 8:10 AM, Eno said:

The XC-10 305Mbit/s codec is nothing extraordinary, it's just another intra frame (ALL-I like codec), the 1Dc and 1DX mk2 have higher bit rate, although not 4:2:2 color, but the image out of them look so much better.

I can't really understand what you find appealing in XC-10? My experience with it left me with a bitter taste, the 4K image is very soft (more like 2,5K), DR is BAD, nowhere near 12 stops, the AF is slow and the combination of a small senor and fixed dark lens makes the image very uncinematic, and above all the price is unrealistic + the price of the Cfast cards is very high.

I also can't wait for the GH5. :)

the xc10 has excellent motion cadence but don't expect it to win any awards for sharpness in 4k.  if you downscale it to 1080p you should have nothing to worry about. 

the gh5 is an exciting camera for sure. Im wondering whether I should hold out for the summer firmware update and just use my Panny G80 until then. Panasonic has made crazy improvements to their sensors since I first shot with the gh4 i can only imagine what the gh5 is capable of 

On 1/8/2017 at 5:30 AM, Cinegain said:

Are we definitely sure the XL will give problems, because as I read it, I don't see a problem with the crop:

Nor any physical design limit...

Note how the latest GX8,GX80/85 don't represent any problems (indicated in the table with color green).

-- ah, nvm I guess, didn't notice there was a GH5 note

According to Matt Frazer, if you want to know whether there will be vignetting in 4K with the GH5, just try your focal reducer in 1080p or 16:9 photo on your current GH4.