5D mk4 Spec

Rinad Amir

Just remember how the mark III was disappointing besides the mark II... The only major boost was thanks to Magic Lantern... And without magic lantern the only thing i considered a good step up in the video field was the lack of aliasing and moire... But it was disappointing... Some people asked themselves if they would go for the upgrade... I've made it, and really enjoyed the hack of Magic Lantern. Really enjoyed.

Then i think Canon will do the same with the mark IV... Poor codec, poor output, maybe 4K, certainly the DPAF and we're done... Oh, maybe one slot with CFAST ? Nothing really WOW... Price ? 3900 euros body only, thanks to the "needed everywhere" 4K.

No thanks Canon. I'll keep my 5D mark III as a really good camera for itself. Great still camera, and very good video camera when ML Hacked with some pros and cons.

Time will tell. Nothing that what we say right now will change things, anyway...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Eh, by October there'll probably be another Sony camera out, and even possibly a GH5. A Canon camera that barely competes with last year's specs is not going to compete with next year's specs. But hey, it's Canon - so 75% of the people on here and a whole bunch of other people will all buy it and tell themselves it's the greatest camera in the world.

Also, they're going to have to offer more than H.264. Say what you will about Sony, but at least we get XAVC-S, and 4:2:2 via HDMI.

This is what I bet 5D4 will be (90%)

4K 30P and FHD 120P

shot 4K with 1.5 crop (even double-chips 1DXII has to crop for 4k,no exceptions for 5D4 )

24M pixels (on-chip ADC)

the same focus system like 1DXII including DPAF

Mjpeg for 4K,500M/s  ( class-leading compression  quality,uh... and Cfast cards only)

WIFI

touchscreen

dual cards slots:

And then a bunch of NO

no c-log (100% sure)

no peaking no zebra (100% sure)

no 4k output (100% sure)

no tilting LCD (100% sure)

no oversampling or full pixels read out for  FHD (100% sure)

no HDR video mode  (50% sure)

Finally,priced around $3800

I truly don't understand why everyone is so adamant about having C-Log on the 5D4. I've got it on the C100 mk 2 and rarely if ever use it. Its just a massive pain in the but when shooting and grading. Images are just great using Wide DR, or even some of the more basic profiles. 

3 hours ago, Zach Ashcraft said:

I truly don't understand why everyone is so adamant about having C-Log on the 5D4. I've got it on the C100 mk 2 and rarely if ever use it. Its just a massive pain in the but when shooting and grading. Images are just great using Wide DR, or even some of the more basic profiles.

Without c-log ,5D4 only get poor DR like a cellphone~

Without log and supersampling ,it make no difference,and just like the IQ of 5D2 in 2008,except the 4k

2 hours ago, tweak said:

ML is done. 5D4 wont get ML and all serious shooters will stick with 5D3. 

Confirmed.

What u talking about? ML will never stop on their projects its just matter of time before they start working on 5D realease 

can u back your statment?

As soon as the 5D4 is out, they will be checking the code out.. I'm sure.

They are quiet right now because what is the point in hacking cameras like the 80D, that get used by vloggers who post straight to youtube?

The 5D4 will be a massive, massive launch and everyone will be clamouring for ML...

7 hours ago, hmcindie said:

Same way as everyone loves s-log on the a7s. Until they use it and switch back to the cineprofiles, hehe.

Not me I'm afraid. 

I find Slog2 one of the best things about the A7S cameras. 

If you know how to expose Slog2 and how to grade it well, it's a fantastic feature to have. The dynamic range is much better than the Cine profiles, as is the rolloff from shadows to highlights. There's a huge difference. 

I echo the need for Clog. I find it much better than using other profiles and get the results I want. It's not for everyone though. 

13 hours ago, Zach Ashcraft said:

I gotta say I couldn't disagree more. C-log is a pleasure to grade and I've noticed artifacts and poor high ISO performance in Wide-DR. Clog, ride or die.