memory cards for 4k

bonesandskin

Hey all,

Just wondering what memory cards everyone uses for 4k

For a7Sii, NX1, LX100 -- maybe soon the GX85 -- I've been using SanDisk Extreme PRO SD UHS-I SDXC U3 (64 at first now 128gb), but B & H is pretty much sold out for a least a week. These have been flawless. (I moved over to them after I started getting lots of write speed errors on NX1 and LX100 with Transcend R95 W60 MB/s UHS-I -- even though they worked fine at first)

Of course I can order from somewhere else, but I thought to ask if anyone has had any less expensive cards work flawlessly over the long haul.

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I wouldn't chance anything less than what seasoned users were advising to get - some of the cheaper and lesser cards were occasionally failing. Would rather have overkill that always works than slight underkill that could fail once in a hundred shoots. Why scrimp on a few pounds when using thousands of pounds worth of equipment?

The SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC U3 Memory Card (Class 10) is the only card I will ever buy for my a7sii.

I had a Kingston 128GB UHS-I which claims 90MB/s, it worked well on my NX1 but when I put it in my Pocket I got serious dropped frames. It turned out this Kinston only has 50MB/s. So I screwed my important moment of life and I have my lesson learned. Sandisks are the right way to go.

I'd been getting consistent card errors on the NX1 with Lexar, while my "slower" old Sandisk cards had been rock steady. Picked up 2 Sandisk Extreme Pro's 256gb cards, hopefully they keep working flawlessly.