An adventure into the Panasonic GX85/80 begins - and a look at the Leica Nocticron for Micro Four Thirds

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

General use.

I have a S1, that I love, but it's so big and heavy it hasn't been out of its bag for the last few months, so I wanted something that I can just pick up and go with. The particular motivation for doing it now is that I'm going on holiday (first time in three years) in a few weeks and the thought of lugging the S1 around was causing me considerable trepidation. With this I can put the camera and my three native lenses (25 1.7, 17 1.8 and 14 2.5), plus my Mavic Mini 2 in my messenger bag and still have room for sun cream (and my Crane 2S maybe)!

In fact, after initial testing, I think I'm probably going to sell the S1. I was thinking I would need to hold on to it as I've been asked to do a music video in a couple of months, but I think the GX80 will handle it nicely - in that scenario I'll be speedboosting my set of Super Takumars.

A few weeks ago i tried out a FZ2000 for a couple of weeks, but it failed to impress. What's the point of a super zoom when the long end is unusably soft? Also the colours didn't do it for me, but this little chap's rendition is not a million miles away from the S1's.

Last night I was using Standard and Natural, both dialled back. Over the weekend I'll be giving @BTM_Pix's bit of wizardry a try to see how Cinelike D fares.

• 10 months later...