Filling a void

Tsarbomba

trying fill a void around the 85mm mark. Im not usually indecisive about things, but I really cant make up my mind. Used 80/20 (video) and 20% stills on a 6D. Currently have 35L II and 135L. I like my still lenses to have reliable AF which Tamron isnt always, and Rokinon doesnt even have. I like a fast lens as shooting weddings is a huge goal of mine. Stabilization would be nice, but not a deal breaker.  

deciding between:

-Rokinon 85mm 1.4 manual ($300)

-Canon 24-105 IS ($500 used)

-(new) Tamron 85 1.8 VC ($800)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Canon has a f/1.8... it probably will match the other Canon glass the most and provide fair AF capability. Price is nice. Sigma has one too btw (pre-Art)... but at roughly the same cost I would probably go for the Tamron with IS. Of course the Zhongyi/ZY Optics Mitakon might be the most fun... but flawed/with character. Definitely something else... and f/1.2. Look it up. Might be cool for some dreamy and playful shots.

You could pick up the pre-ART Sigma 85mm for next to nothing second hand. 

Do that while you wait for the ART version of the Sigma to come out, or for Rokinon 85mm AF to come out?? (14mm and 50mm AF are already coming)

8 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Canon has a f/1.8... it probably will match the other Canon glass the most and provide fair AF capability. Price is nice. Sigma has one too btw (pre-Art)... but at roughly the same cost I would probably go for the Tamron with IS. Of course the Zhongyi/ZY Optics Mitakon might be the most fun... but flawed/with character. Definitely something else... and f/1.2. Look it up. Might be cool for some dreamy and playful shots.

Yeah I don't see the problem with the Canon unless you hate a bit of CA or really need a slightly better focus ring. The 6D is basically between 720p and 480p, wide open resolution is pretty much not that big an issue and video isn't for AF, either, but the focus ring could be. I dunno, it seems really nice to me.