Canon 1D X Mark II high ISO and colour performance worse than predecessor

Andrew Reid

On 5/5/2016 at 11:48 PM, Matthew19 said:

This video looks pretty great to me. Better than any other canon except maybe the 1dc at 4k, : 

Can the 1DC can't do this at 60p? Nope. 1DX Mkii is superior and a much better stills camera also.

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hello, I'm using the Canon 1Dx mark II since a couple of months now, I made my own comparison and must say there's some loss of detail in the very dark parts of the image which is quite annoying as the dark parts appear darker than with the Canon 1Dx. At lower iso's the 1Dx mark2 seems to do better work than at higher iso's, At higher iso's the colours seem to be less saturated and less deep. I'm still waiting for Canon to build a high resolution quality camera ( like the 1 DS series ) again in a pro body ( I personally think the 5DSr body doesn't feel very professional )  I think I can wait forever...

On 5. 5. 2016 at 4:42 AM, Andrew Reid said:

The NX1 gets a bad rap for noise, but at ISO 800 and under it's spookily clean due to the BSI structure.

NX1 is not maybe king of lowlight in video but in photo mode (in terms of exposure latitude) it is better than lot of FF cameras - 1DXmkII included. BTW - it is still little bit less noisier than A6300. See below...   Sadly it does not related to video mode.

http://***URL removed***/reviews/image-comparison/fullscreen?attr144_0=canon_eos1dxii&attr144_1=samsung_nx1&attr144_2=canon_eos5dsr&attr144_3=sony_a6300&attr146_0=100_6&attr146_1=100_6&attr146_2=100_6&attr146_3=100_6&attr177_3=off&normalization=compare&widget=288&x=0.9085083569851782&y=-0.11793473149628521

test.png

test02.png