FILMCONVERT's new poll ! : "which camera profile should we do next" // our chance for NX support

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
32 minutes ago, AaronL said:

As somebody that doesnt have film convert, can somebody please explain how it works, (if they were to make an nx1 profile) if i purchase the software, will the nx1 profile come as standard?, or do i have to purchase the different profile for the differently cameras that I have.

No you buy the filmconvert software for your NLE of choice, then you download the NX1 camera pack (if they make it). The camera packs are free, they are just there to ensure compatibility with their software.

long story short when they profile a camera they try to match the sensor noise pattern, exposure and color with the film stock of choice. Imagine shooting in gamma dr and having that converted accurately to the look of kodak film ? 

FHow is it possible for NX1 to be #2!?! That is just incredible. Very good news, plus the new firmware updates, create some interest on the NXes. I can't wait for the NX profiles, that will be a great advantage for our workflow (and our pride).

I still can't believe the second place, above Canon/Sony/Apple..

8 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

FHow is it possible for NX1 to be #2!?! That is just incredible. Very good news, plus the new firmware updates, create some interest on the NXes. I can't wait for the NX profiles, that will be a great advantage for our workflow (and our pride).

I still can't believe the second place, above Canon/Sony/Apple..

Well its not really second, its more like 36th because they have already made profiles for 34 different cameras. great news none the less tho.

What the schnitzel! Canon did not even make it top 3! What on earth? Could it be, could it possibly be people have realised that Canon is a load of fakery that uses the same image sensors the Soviets used on their moon rover from the 1960s? Yet charges more for the 7DM2 than the NX1 cost at launch.

Great news, I will pick up Film Convert when they make the profile.

Now we just need VisionColor to realise how important the NX1 and NX500 is and make a profile for them as well, GammaDR and Normal Profile.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, hk908 said:

They released the a6300 profile today. Did they say how many they were going to do or is it a long shot since the nx1 came in 2nd over that camera in voting? 

And the a6300 came third... I think they had this camera in the roadmap (Which makes sense since they knew the cam is going to sell a lot) and just used the survey to say: see, we listen!!

Hopefully they will do the NX1 soon.