Finally ! Vimeo's good again !

kidzrevil

Is it just me or is vimeo's videos actually good again ? Recently they updated the platform to use adaptive streaming and chaos broke loose. The quality sucked even when using prores which gave people like me the green light to send vimeo a bunch of nasty emails, threats etc. (just kidding)

They've seemed to have gotten their act together as I've noticed better image quality across the board even when using film grain. Since then I have reuploaded some of my videos and they look way better

UPDATE : exporting to Prores proxy & Cineform gives the best results. Huge file sizes from cineform but the pay off is worth it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, andrgl said:

I haven't been able to stream 4K since January from vimeo. Just shy of gigabit service, I'm at 940 Mbps down. lol Glad I didn't renew my pro account back in October.

hmm interesting

so this link wont play in 4k at all? 

https://vimeo.com/157399070

vimeos been through some issues lately lol but atm that clip streams fine for me (in 4k) with my humble 35Mbps/down

great to hear that things are looking better. havent been on vimeo much lately ill haveta check it out