Which cam to buy? Already owning Nikon lenses

yanni

I am mainly a wedding photographer also doing some product shots and interior stuff. I am owing a D700 and D90 (backup cam) at the moment. Lenses are Nikon 24-70 2.8, Nikon 50mm and Tokina 11-16, 2.8. Have to do some video work in the future as well. This will be not going to be my main work though.

I don't have a big budget for this at the moment and I also would need to buy some audio stuff.  I thought about the following options

1) Sell the D700 and buy the D750. Would cost me about 1000 Euro. Would just make sense if the D750 would be a way better cam for still photos as well. FX
2) Sell the D90 and buy a D5300. This would cost me around 300 Euro. DX. Could be my backup cam for stills. I know the D5300 has the issue of not being able to control aperture in live view. I am not really sure how much this effects me since video stuff will be only a very small part of my work.
3) Buy a GH2 (used) for 250,- and a Nikon converter for around 100,- or maybe the 14-42 Kit lens. This I would not use for still pics at all.

What do you guys think? Thanks alot...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Any of those options would be a rock solid option, as you're mainly a wedding (& other stuff) photographer I'd lean heavily towards the first one. As the Nikon D750 is the current dream camera that is king for wedding photographers, and can be found for some great deals now. 

I'd be looking to upgrade that D90 to a D7100 as well sometime later on as budget allows it later on. Then you'd have a waaaay better B cam (for photos OR video!) with the D750

Although hmmmm.... you're rather light on lenses at the moment. I'd want to bulk up those range of options as well (such as a 70-200 and a Nikon 85mm f1.8D etc... depending on what you do)

Will all 3 cams give me a similar "cinematic" look ? I think for the GH2 I would also need a Speedbooster which is quite expensive. I checked your video here. Which cam are you using on this? Looks really great.

1 minute ago, yanni said:

I am not in hurry updating my D700 but I need a video cam right now ;) What kind of updates are there gonna be?

Well the cams are getting old, there should be a d760 and a d820 coming in september or so.

If you just need video the d5300 is a good choice I think.