Warning: Do not get Devinchi Resolve for NX1 Native editing.

Geoff CB

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

my ticket. not sure why they have decided this. I don't why some can't get the video even in. I would get something like the klite codec pack and the avid codecs. I don't why that would make a difference..

I have 3 pcs all win 10 and there's no issue with the video importing. I think it's absurd they just decide not to support aac on windows. bleeding arbitrary.

After discussing the matter with our development team they have confirmed that AAC is not a supported audio codec on the Windows platform.
I will mark this ticket as a feature request for the attention of the development team.
As we are technical support we cannot comment on the possibility of future features or support for future versions of Resolve.

4 minutes ago, chauncy said:

my ticket. not sure why they have decided this. I don't why some can't get the video even in. I would get something like the klite codec pack and the avid codecs. I don't why that would make a difference..

I have 3 pcs all win 10 and there's no issue with the video importing. I think it's absurd they just decide not to support aac on windows. bleeding arbitrary.

After discussing the matter with our development team they have confirmed that AAC is not a supported audio codec on the Windows platform.
I will mark this ticket as a feature request for the attention of the development team.
As we are technical support we cannot comment on the possibility of future features or support for future versions of Resolve.

Such a poor move. Given their refusal to support MP3 audio on the timeline, I'm not holding my breath for support.

• 8 months later...

Even if you could get H265 4k video into Resolve, I doubt it would play smooth. That codec is really demanding on a cpu in playback... And could you imagine after you graded it?

I use Resolve(the FREE version) as part of my work flow after trans-coding it to DNxHR HQ. Aside from chomping up hard-drive space it works fine. I'd recommend using that money to get a good toaster (External USB 3.0 HDD dock) and some extra drives rather than a Resolve dongle.

H265 is great to shoot 4K onto your SD Card in a compact fashion, however once get back to your computer you'll want to convert it to an edit friendly codec as fast as you can.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FannieJane said:

I can't find any information from Blackmagic Design official page that the new Davinci Resolve has any support for editing H.265 codec.

it does but you have to buy, beg, borrow, or steal a dongle for the studio version does not work on free version ( I hear the studio version has been "LIBERATED" on Mac but not PC)   

Anyone who wants to edit H265 I highly recommend get a graphics card that has native hardware acceleration for VP9 and H265 like the new AMD Radeon Rx 4xx series cards or the nVidia GeForce GTX 10xx series cards. 

AMD APU from 7xxx and 8xxx including 9xxx series support H265 and VP9 out the box and therefore excellent for editing this footage. I really recommend compatible hardware, this way you wont have to transcode them all the time. 
Managed to secure myself a GeForce GTX 1070 8GB MXM card for my laptop from Gigabyte in China. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dont worry guys, I wrote a little utility a while back that will copy your video stream and convert the audio stream to PCM or AAC. You can actually use this for copying files from your SD card to your HDD so you dont lose any time. http://fatpigtures.com/software/ it is called WinRewrap and its basically just a convenient GUI for ffmbc. Have not tried it for this purpose personally but give it a shot. I can make adjustments to the software, too if needed.

PS: You have to rename your source files' extension to MTS and get the newest version of ffmbc (Zeranoe's Builds) for this to work. If it does work for you, let me know and I can update the program.