Fujifilm X-T2 to shoot 4k?

Dave Maze

Fuji rumors just leaked an image of the new Fuji X-T2. It is rumored to possibly shoot 4k. If thats the case, maybe this model will have more professional video features similar to a Sony a7 camera! Hopefully a log profile and good audio preamps. That would be a step in the right direction for Fuji!

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-real-life-images-leaked-joystick-new-articulating-screen-more/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Just aliasing/free 4K and I am sold. With the X-Pro2 film colours/profiles. A flat Log mode would be cool but I get a Fuji for the Colour/science profiles they have for JPEGs and Videos, way ahead of anything I can get from a Song with LOG in grading.

That it will do 4K seems certain. Guess we will see it do similar things as the A6300 does (6K readout downsampled to 4K). This probably means, that we will also see similar rolling shutter. 

I hope they improve on the usability. A log profile wouldn't be the most important thing for me, what I would really love to see are the JPG settings also working in video. 

Hopefully we also see AF in video. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Members

Om really really exited about this camera.
The other day I did the mistake of downloading the clips from @fuzzynormal (thanks btw) and they look gorgeous.
Grades really well to, lots of info in the shadows and such nice colors.

And on top of that Ive always loved using Fuji for stills and of course strobing (leaf shutter FTW).
Yesterday I came so close to buying a X-Pro2. But I decided last minute to wait for the X-T2 and then make the decision.

The plan is to either get the X-Pro2 or an X-T2 + another Range Finder for stills.
Apparently it will be announced in late June or July well before Photokina.
So now starts the waiting game....

Some more comments on the leaked images,
http://www.fujirumors.com/a-closer-look-to-the-new-fujifilm-x-t2-controls-based-on-real-life-leaked-images/

My wife has been shooting random video shots while we're here in Japan. Stuff to test the limits of the camera in between grabbing still shots. 

3200iso, moire prone scenes, etc. 

If we hit up a biz hotel with good internet and a card reader, I'll see if I can get some more video examples of the xP2 uploaded.   

Im with you on the xt2. It's tempting.