Vimeo Export

enny

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Whoops, forgot you have to raise the level from 4.1 to 5.1 before changing frame size. Sorry about that.

Export complete with your settings, thanks again for posting this. Plays fine in VLC but is choppy with Quicktime Player. Any idea why?

• 5 months later...

Exporting a file from Premiere Pro using:
H.264
2560x1440
Key Frame Distance: 1

Contrary to my post above, I'm getting choppy playback using VLC 10.2.4 but it plays fine with Quicktime Player 10.2. It also has choppy playback on Vimeo.

Anyone know what the problem is? Key Frame Distance?

On 11/4/2016 at 5:33 AM, User said:

Exporting a file from Premiere Pro using:
H.264
2560x1440

Contrary to my post above, I'm getting choppy playback using VLC 10.2.4 but it plays fine with Quicktime Player 10.2. It also has choppy playback on Vimeo.

Anyone know what the problem is? Key Frame Distance?

Key Frame distance of 1 is not going to help,  it will actually make the compression less effective.

The only time when you want a key frame distance of 1 is when you want to use H.264 as an editing codec.

3 hours ago, Cary Knoop said:

Key Frame distance of 1 is not going to help,  it will actually make the compression less effective.

The only time when you want a key frame distance of 1 is when you want to use H.264 as an editing codec.

Hi Cary, thanks for jumping in on this.
It was my understanding that if you have a lot of movement going in in your video you want a Key Frame Distance that is not so high, so I went with 1.
I want to export a file that is 6:30 and I'm getting files that are about 3.5 gigs with the above settings. They look great on Vimeo, they just seem to stutter ever so slightly.
What Key Frame Distance do you suggest?

6 hours ago, User said:

Hi Cary, thanks for jumping in on this.
It was my understanding that if you have a lot of movement going in in your video you want a Key Frame Distance that is not so high, so I went with 1.
I want to export a file that is 6:30 and I'm getting files that are about 3.5 gigs with the above settings. They look great on Vimeo, they just seem to stutter ever so slightly.
What Key Frame Distance do you suggest?

It really depends on a lot of things what would be the best setting, but if you want to be very conservative use a few frames. 

All intra (1 frame) would require a significantly higher bitrate.

Thanks Cary.

My export setting have been
Export in 2560x1440p CBR at 90 mbps.

I would think that VLC/ Quicktime should be able to play this back with stuttering.

With my last export, I set the Key Frame Distance to 24 and it played back smoothly with Quicktime Player last night. However, when I played it back today it began to stutter. Now I'm starting to suspect this has something to do with my Macbook Pro... system memory etc? It's almost as if something somewhere is hogging the horsepower required to play it back smoothly. Could be that I had Premiere Pro open and somehow they are competing for resources. Anyone?